URGENT Update from ScubaMau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So sorry to hear. :( She definately touched a lot of people.

How sad. One life lost and others changed forever.

Yes it's very sad & I'm sure that loss will be felt by many plus have an impact on the entire dive industry of Cozumel. It has made me realize just how many really great people I've met & dove with over the years so for my next trip I'm going to try to dive with as many of them as I can. I intend to spend at least 1 day of diving with each DM or owner that made my trip special, whether because of the diving or just because we hit it off so well. With all the travel time & SI's it's easy to make some friends, and now it's time to see them again. Hopefully they can find a seat for me on short notice because it will be a juggling act trying to fit their schedules while hoping the port stays open for the entire trip.

Never having dove with Opal I'll always remember her big friendly smile from the few times we met, and I hope she's in a better place, plus I hope her family & friends can take get closure knowing how many friends she made while living the life she enjoyed.

Link passed along to the Tripadvisor Forum for Cozumel.

Thanks.
Larry

I am sorry to hear that Opal passed away last night, 9/29/2011 from the injuries she sustained during her recent diving accident. Her family has put a beautiful tribute to her on Utube.

Our thoughts and sympathy are with the Scuba Mau family.

MI VIDA.m4v - YouTube

That link was an amazing tribute.

I never met Opal but have been fortunate enough to read wonderful stories about her as a person and a DM. I am sure her family, friends, clients and the many fans of hers on this forum are devastated by the loss of Opal. Sounds like she was a fighter until the end.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom