Info Two New Dive Computers from Scubapro for 23! LUNA 2.0 (with & without Air Integration with GF) with aggressive pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have lots of different brands of dive gear.

I do too, you should see my dive locker. You would think that I am the "Consumer Reports" of diving :)

For some reason I have nothing ScubaPro. It's weird.

Attachments

• 20230208_173855.jpg
    20230208_173855.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 32
Personally, I will reserve judgement of the Luna 2.0 until it is out. I do not think that Scubapro would market a bad product. As I have posted earlier, there are few relatively inexpensive AI computers running Buhlmann. Much of this early commentary is premature. We will all see. My major concern is the proprietary transmitter rather than a PPS/Shearwater compatible one.

This is truly your most trash/rubbish post to date.

The computer hasn't been released, the manual hasn't been published, the exact and final feature set isn't known and the real screen display you don't know, no reviews of any kind out anywhere but you trash something you know nothing about at all. This puts a huge "?" on everything you have said or will say in future.
The screenshot posted was taken from the screenshot with the $580 price, i.e. some sales thing.

It's wholly Scubapro's fault for releasing pre-beta screenshots and they have to be prepared to take a kicking. This is why no company will release tangible images before it is ready for production.

Scubapro, hoisted by their own petard.

I simply commented upon the user interface which is a subject that interests me. All user interfaces (UI's) need to be simple to use and should never require the "user" to think about what's being displayed, lest they make potentially dangerious mistakes. I'm particularly passionate about dive computer UI's as I've suffered from some appallingly poor examples in the past and having switched to the industry's best dive computer -- Shearwater Perdix -- it's clear that Scubapro simply don't get it.

Obviously my passion hits your passion for Scubapro kit.

BTW I do have some great ScubaPro kit; couple of Mk25s for sidemount, JetFins. Not much else though.

The screenshot posted was taken from the screenshot with the $580 price, i.e. some sales thing.

It's wholly Scubapro's fault for releasing pre-beta screenshots and they have to be prepared to take a kicking. This is why no company will release tangible images before it is ready for production.

Scubapro, hoisted by their own petard.

I simply commented upon the user interface which is a subject that interests me. All user interfaces (UI's) need to be simple to use and should never require the "user" to think about what's being displayed, lest they make potentially dangerious mistakes. I'm particularly passionate about dive computer UI's as I've suffered from some appallingly poor examples in the past and having switched to the industry's best dive computer -- Shearwater Perdix -- it's clear that Scubapro simply don't get it.

Obviously my passion hits your passion for Scubapro kit.

BTW I do have some great ScubaPro kit; couple of Mk25s for sidemount, JetFins. Not much else though.

As I said, you have seen nothing and read nothing from manuals or know what the icons do or mean yet your comment. You are also neglecting the fact that this computer is extremely price competitive for what it does compared with the others. If you want the latest and bestest screen and technology, you can reach the higher end dive computers, the G2T or others. There are MANY folks in the world beyond your borders and the borders of the prosperous Western world that want dive computers with AI and GF but can't afford them. This computer fills a HUGE gap for the masses at a more reasonable price. Yes, it may not have the latest technology but it has proven and stable usable technology with great features at an affordable price. At its price, many will be able to afford AI dive computer. It maybe the most popular dive computer worldwide.

You can have your Bentley and Rolls, we are happy with Toyota and Hyundai just don't spoil our happiness and simpler and more modest lives. As we say, stretch your legs as far as your blanket cover you.

I know, this irks you since you will see the proletariat and people in less fortunate countries enjoy diving with better tools and AI. You want to keep it all to yourself.

Same here. I may have owned a pair of SP fins in the past, but that's about it. I'm not a big fan of the dive shops in my area that carry ScubaPro, and I'm sure that's the main reason.

I have their compass, the one with the silly cartouche: it was on special back when I bought it and now I know why.

I own quite a pile of their regulators, and a few pairs of jets. Like them a bunch.

good stuff....

Much better choices in various other brands for other sitems...

Back
Top Bottom