Info Two New Dive Computers from Scubapro for 23! LUNA 2.0 (with & without Air Integration with GF) with aggressive pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Messy user interface.

1675872490765.png

The non-dot matrix screen means that it cannot be changed. It's also in black & white with a small coloured ascent rate indicator? Probably why there's no compass.

This means that there's unlikely to be any significant software updates to add new functionality.

$600 is a lot of dosh for this. Especially as the compass is missing. There's plenty of competition around this price point too -- Suunto EON Core, Perigrine, Aqualung i770...

IMHO That screen design is a mess. I can see depth and AI tank pressure (clue: 'm'=metres, 'Bar'=pressure). What does the rest mean? For that I'd need to refer to the manual which is the definition of a complete and utter usability fail.

BTW the word "TAT" in British English means cheap and nasty, as in souvenirs.

This is truly your most trash/rubbish post to date.

The computer hasn't been released, the manual hasn't been published, the exact and final feature set isn't known and the real screen display you don't know, no reviews of any kind out anywhere but you trash something you know nothing about at all. This puts a huge "?" on everything you have said or will say in future.
Did you skip breakfast today or something? @Wibble just posted his opinion on what seems to be a picture used to sell this product. I don't find the screen layout well designed at all. What's with the little scuba guy taking up precious real estate?

Did you skip breakfast today or something? @Wibble just posted his opinion on what seems to be a picture used to sell this product. I don't find the screen layout well designed at all. What's with the little scuba guy taking up precious real estate?

I was pointed out many posts above to @Wibble that the picture of the screen is a screen mockup not the final real screen. Keeps repeating the same nonsense then and now.

Then maybe ask the good people of Scubapro to provide some shots of the product. I don't think it's wise to release specs to a product (on the basis of which people can pre-order) but only mock-up pictures. Present actual information, or none at all. I think Scubapro have themselves to blame for these pictures being critiqued...

Then maybe ask the good people of Scubapro to provide some shots of the product. I don't think it's wise to release specs to a product (on the basis of which people can pre-order) but only mock-up pictures. Present actual information, or none at all. I think Scubapro have themselves to blame for these pictures being critiqued...

I agree with you to some extent. But note that I can't find this information on SP's official website or anywhere in public on an actual Scubapro's published material that is open to the public, can you?

I know that some dealers published the information in public, that's where I got it from actually, but it seems that they may have released it too soon.

Again, you have a good point. If I can, I will certainly take that up with them if they would listen to me. I am going to wait until the official release to see what the shipping product looks like before I can say anything.

This is truly your most trash/rubbish post to date.

The computer hasn't been released, the manual hasn't been published, the exact and final feature set isn't known and the real screen display you don't know, no reviews of any kind out anywhere but you trash something you know nothing about at all. This puts a huge "?" on everything you have said or will say in future.

The computer looks like a cheap toy. Why do you just love everything scubapro??? Must have stock in the company 😂

Why do you just love everything scubapro??? Must have stock in the company 😂

Hahahaha

And why do you hate everything Scubapro?????? You must be a hater!!!!

I make it a point to not hate (or love) brands. Just products.

I have been skiing and reviewing skis for many years. People often ask me what my favorite brand is. I don't have one favorite brand. There are quite a few skis that I really like, but there is not a single brand that has not at least one ski or series that I don't like at all.

As I do with ski gear, I look at the features of qualities that I see in a product and establish its value to a specific use case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom