Info Two New Dive Computers from Scubapro for 23! LUNA 2.0 (with & without Air Integration with GF) with aggressive pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This tread reminds me of this one here. šŸ˜‚

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230209_200400_Signal.jpg
    Screenshot_20230209_200400_Signal.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 66
Will they lock you out if you make them unhappy, because no Shearwater will.
Yes, this is a safety feature for Recreational Divers.

I noticed some shops in EU allow to order it
It may be pre-ordered worldwide now. FYI major manufacturing disruptions, still due to the after effects of the Covid issues. No one can get a firm date from anyone, so the official word is still mum.

The diver chooses ā€“ according to his/her needs ā€“ an MB level and influences through it the level of
protection from microbubbles.
It's a partial dot-matrix screen:

View attachment 746717

The Diver symbol, for those who have used Scubapro products in the past, starting with the alladin x Pro Nitrox, etc: Are the Do Not Dive icon / Microbubble warning.

NST , well really,...

All UWATEC / Scubapro displays, generally the lower right corner is reserved for RBT / No Stop time, or Deco time.

The upper Right Corner is genereally reserved for elapsed Dive time or time to fly.

MB:L0 Is the user selectable Microbubble level. "The diver chooses ā€“ according to his/her needs ā€“ an MB level and influences through it the level of protection from microbubbles." <<<<<From an erlier UWATEC Manual. This might help>>>> https://www.divetable.info/Flyer/brochure_metric.pdf

Basicaialllllly if you have used this equpment before you will recognize everything at a glance.

I will admit however, the manual needs improvment, BUT, this: (found this on another site.)

"Scubapro intends that you deal with their network of dealers. The dealer has the tech training to answer Scubapro questions. IMO, the dealer where you purchased the gear is the first place anyone should go to have their questions answered. And yes this seems to be creating issues with those few individuals purchasing gear via the internet due to the fact they don't support their local dealer, they then are forced to learn, or not, from their reading / interpretation, or not of their manual. Your local dealer, especially with Scubapro products have gone thru a learning curve and are generally aware of the issues with learning how to use current models most likely because of the progression from the SOL, Luna, Air Nitrox, etc. over the years. This experience with a "standardized" genesis from UWATEC leaves those "new" users in a bit of a hole so to speak. If on the other hand you have used / sold and serviced Scubapro products over a longer period of time, these types of questions , well no one really has these kinds of questions except those that are brand new to Scubapro products. IMO the G2 has a steep learning curve for newbies, which is why everyone's first stop for learning how to fully use the G2 it is recommended to make the first stop thru their network of local dealers. This subtle point about learning to use the G2 is totally lost on those individuals that have not or do not own Scubapro products. If you don't own one, you really can not comment about how to use one or make informed comments to others. I always get a kick out of those people that take the time to state: "Just call the company." Well, nice try but you should have gone to your local dealer who has been trained by the factory as the first stop. Perhaps with increasing internet sales the company's may have to rethink how products are sold and unstructions on these products use will have to change. But on the other hand the local dealer model continues to be the safest avenue for clear well informed information on proper usage. As compared with the internet purveyors. When was the last time anyone ever got a full cylinder delivered to their door? Scubapro supports local SCUBA businesses, for the good of everyone who dives everywhere. You can not say that about the motives of many other companies."

No, itā€™s not.

Can you explain to me how a dive computer that no longer tracks nitrogen loading, yet still functions as a depth gauge keeps a diver safe?
You make a strong statement there, unfourtunatly,...you would be inncorrect in your assumptioon. The device continues to track your N2 debt.

Messy user interface.

View attachment 768503

The non-dot matrix screen means that it cannot be changed. It's also in black & white with a small coloured ascent rate indicator? Probably why there's no compass.

This means that there's unlikely to be any significant software updates to add new functionality.

$600 is a lot of dosh for this. Especially as the compass is missing. There's plenty of competition around this price point too -- Suunto EON Core, Perigrine, Aqualung i770...

IMHO That screen design is a mess. I can see depth and AI tank pressure (clue: 'm'=metres, 'Bar'=pressure). What does the rest mean? For that I'd need to refer to the manual which is the definition of a complete and utter usability fail.

BTW the word "TAT" in British English means cheap and nasty, as in souvenirs.
The display , if all goes well with production, once the supply chain issues resolve themselves, is fully user customizable. Again, this will be an industry first. This was detailed in the pre-production release, which someone posted prior. This was not a sanctioned company release. Scubapro / UWATEC genereally tests products more throughly than many other manufacturers. Meaning less firmware updates. If an update is necessary it will be avalable by many of the worldwide Scubapro websites. IMO, I suggest you reserve judgment until you actually have one of the units in your hands and fully understand the many settings and features. In lieu of making incorrect speculations.

From the archives:

Some good reading here>>>> https://www.divetable.info/Flyer/br...N4TCq4ymyxta2xKvM9zNPyzOOswJ-BGsCaYW0xSJ95gy0

Also same:

Attachments

• brochure_metric.pdf
    664.2 KB · Views: 56
You make a strong statement there, unfourtunatly,...you would be inncorrect in your assumptioon. The device continues to track your N2 debt.
OK. Thatā€™s different if itā€™s true. What then is the purpose of the lockout? Does it continue to provide the N2 loading information to the diver, or does it just provide time and depth to the diver?

For the purpose of my question, that Iā€™ll rephrase below, Iā€™ll assume that it continues to track, but only provides the diver with gauge mode functions.

Can you explain to me how a dive computer that no longer displays real time nitrogen loading, yet still functions as a depth gauge keeps a diver safe?

Oh, and to clarify, what was my strong statement? ā€œNo. Itā€™s not.ā€ Or the rest of the post? The rest wasnā€™t a statement at all.

Yes, this is a safety feature for Recreational Divers.
Look mom, I've spent a load of money on a useless paperweight and I'm as mad as hell.

Literally saying this means your brand is devalued.

The display , if all goes well with production, once the supply chain issues resolve themselves, is fully user customizable. Again, this will be an industry first. This was detailed in the pre-production release, which someone posted prior. This was not a sanctioned company release. Scubapro / UWATEC genereally tests products more throughly than many other manufacturers. Meaning less firmware updates. If an update is necessary it will be avalable by many of the worldwide Scubapro websites. IMO, I suggest you reserve judgment until you actually have one of the units in your hands and fully understand the many settings and features. In lieu of making incorrect speculations.

So few / no software updates. Swimming against the trend for most dive computers.

Also, to be really picky, the display is custom made to your specification -- all the 7 segment numbers, special icons, etc. This means you can't make changes in the same way as you can if you've a general purpose ~2x3 inch colour dot matrix screen. A monochrome custom screen is cheaper when bought in volume than a dot-matrix screen, but the restrictions means it's only suitable for one single product or small range. You've also got a lot less scope for innovation, for example, alerts, warning screens, multi-lingual interfaces, displaying logging info, system settings, even custom additions if you added air integration...

Your competitors on the other hand will be building more generic hardware and driving innovation through software. Software changes are far easier to roll out -- especially for fixing bugs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom