TSDT Possum Kingdom Lake Dive May 31 - June 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leiserom once bubbled...

Possum Kingdon CC advised this no longer in business. torn down to build condos
My bad....That is a late braking development that I was not aware of, I apologize. I will be going to the lake next week, and I will check and see what is available around the area where we will be.

I'd really like to come. Michele won't be coming, since she hates camping. If she changes her mind, I'll post.

Dave

Hello everybody, I just thought I would let y'all know that since today is my birthday my wife has given me a free pass today to do whatever I want so I thought I would run down to PK and check out the lodging situation for those in the group who do not want to camp. I might even slip into my scuba gear and make a short dive at Scuba Point just to check out the current conditions if I have time. I will report back later tonight. See Ya!!

Happy Birthday! Thanks for the scouting trip!

Let me slip a "Happy Birthday" in under the wire!! Hope the scout-out went well, and the possible dive too!!!

:)

Ok I am not even close to familiar with the area. I still don't own everything that I need to dive at a moments notice, so for the PK trip I will need to rent a Reg. and Wetsuit, and get a VIP for my tank, but hope to have the money to get that done soon.
Is there for sure a place nearby to rent one of each.

SquintyPete once bubbled...

Ok I am not even close to familiar with the area. I still don't own everything that I need to dive at a moments notice, so for the PK trip I will need to rent a Reg. and Wetsuit, and get a VIP for my tank, but hope to have the money to get that done soon.
There is a full service dive shop(one of the oldest in Texas) about 1/2 mile from where we will be camping, go here www.scubapointpk.com and check out their website, and I think they have rental prices listed too. Scuba Point is a dive shop and scuba park right on the water, and it is where I will direct those of the group who do not want to boat dive. It is also where we will all be getting our air fills.

PS. I did not have time to dive yesterday, but I will be going this weekend to do a lot of diving and I will report back..

Jake and others

Its ok that you are familiar with the area, i will be out there on friday morning since i will be setting up at the scout camp just down the road so if you want i can show you how to get back there. so if you want i could met people in mineral wells and drive them back to the area.

also let me finish putting this map together so that everyone will know were we are going to be

JT2 good idea on those who dont feel comfortable in doing boat dives. also let me talk to the camp director to see if i can get permission to use the cove of the camp to dive. (also do you have a float marker ? or do i need to finish my float marker ?

also if anybody has any other ideas for events or other things when were not diving feel free to make a suggestions

does anybody have a couple of dive flags that we can use as road markers ?

Tooth

I have two inner tubes with 6ft poles and 3x4 dive flags on them as well as shot lines that we float in front of and behind the boat. I also have a couple of smaller diver down floats that I will bring if anyone needs one for shore diving somewhere besides Scuba Point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom