TSDT Possum Kingdom Lake Dive May 31 - June 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
ok swampers its getting closer to the event and alot of items are being planned. So far for food we have JT2 bringing a smoker with a couple of briskets and a couple of split pigs along, and a friend of his is bring supplies for cobblers.

Couple of things for those bringing thing/items would everybody mind posting what youre going and when you plan on getting there so that everyone will know.

The Event: 5 W's
Who: All swampers and guest

When: May 31- June 1 2003: even though some swampers will

Where: Brazos River Authority - camping area and the lake for diving

What: A weekend event to have fun with your fellow online buddies to dive and to relax after a week of work.

Why: because we can, and want to

List of Swampers that have said they are planning on going
JT2 plus some friends(#?)
Scubatooth
Two-BitTxn (wife and daughter maybee)
Dee and Beast
Kat & Alan
Hoover (Tenative)
Tony and Brenda
Sue J and Hubby (Maybe)
Catch22
Diablo65 and Wife
Squinty Pete

Total count so far 14/18 (Planning to be there / Maybe)

(if you plan on going and i missed your name just PM me and i will add it )

In the coming days/weeks i will be posting a map on how to get out to possum kingdom coming from dallas (the easiest way to get out there) and also a tentitive schedule of events

Also any suggestions for the event just post them so that everyone can voice a opinon( personally a couple of underwater games would be nice, but i dont have any ideas at this point)

as the event gets closer i will pm everyone going of my cell phone so that if you need help getting to the area i can help you, because the lake roads do get confusing even for those of us who go out there regularly

I have a few emails but not enough to matter. I think we need to start one! I'll PM you to get one started.

LD took care of the sticking...Thanks!

Count Beast and I in for that weekend. I'll bring some potato salad.

We will have a 26ft pontoon boat there that is set up for diving, it is equiped with emergency oxygen for several people, a 1000lb swing arm winch for lifting things or people from the water if need be, a very easy to climb(with or without fins on) ladder that extends 3ft into the water, equipment lines, 15ft hang bar, and a tank rack that will hold 20 AL 80's. It will dive about 10 people comfortably. This is the main boat I will be taking everybody out on that wants to boat dive(recommended), and almost all of the best dive spots are within 15 minute boat ride or less. Most of the spots we will be diving will have a max depth of 75-90ft, although the dives I usually plan at these locations are in the 25-60ft range I like to let everyone know where the bottom is. Pretty much all of these dives are easy dives that most everyone is comfortable with, however, there are much deeper and more difficult dives to do at this lake, such as the rock bed below the Dam(120-140ft), and a Cabin Cruiser wreck between Hell's Gate and Bluff Creek(75-90ft), and I would be happy to take properly trained divers to these locations as well if whoever wants t go will let me know in advance. Also, we have one particularly fun night dive we do that is in 25ft of water on a shallow water ledge where we suspend lights from the hang bar on the boat and watch and feed the fish that is a very easy dive and fun for everyone.

I will also have my 20ft Taylor with 225 Johnson o/b there in case anyone wants to go skiing or tubing or just a quick sight seeing tour around the lake. I have enough life jackets for a small army as well from small child size to 3x.

If anybody needs any other kind of info on the trip or lake feel free to ask or PM me.

Add Alan & I to the list of attendees ....... :) We'll see what we can bring in the food category a bit down the road!

Wow JT....looks like you've got us covered! If my knees don't get better, you may be needing that winch! LOL

This get-together is gonna be great!

Sounds like you're starting your very own Navy!

I'm not sure about my plans for that weekend, but as we get a little closer, we'll let you know.

i saw the date is 30 and 31
30 friday 31 saturday so diving is on friday and saturday?we can go on friday evening camp out dive saturday and we going to stay saturday night too and drive back on sunday
i will bring my kayak's to paddle too,we paddle pk before and is a nice lake,
go to this link to see some pictures
http://community.webshots.com/user/diablo65
and have a question is only for swampers? are we(roy@lilly) swampers?
if we are not, can we came over?
roy

If you check back to JT2's original thread, the dates are May 31 & June 1, Saturday & Sunday, although JT has said he will probably be setting up on Friday night, and we're thinking about driving up on Friday night .....

Scubatooth - can you change you're header?? Or Dee - can you fix it to the correct dates???

Thread header edited by Dee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom