Attention Texans! Dive Possum Kingdom Lake June 22-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
[red]What: [/red]Scubadillo Club Dive Possum Kingdom Lake

[red]When: [/red]June 22-23 2001

[red]Where: [/red]Scenic Point Northview Park
1800 FM Road 2951
Possum Kingdom Lake
Grayford, TX 76449
(800) 757-5386 - Chris Sooter, mgr.
Tent site $10/nite, RV site w/ hook-ups $20/nite
All site MUST be reserved and paid in advance (must pay by check but a credit card will hold)

[red]Diving: [/red]We will be diving Scuba Point. There will also be a boat on Saturday making at least 4 runs at $10 per diver. Boat leaves from LCRA Camp Ground #1 (5 min from Scuba Point).

DAN membership is required to dive with the club.

Some maps of the PK area can be found at:

http://www.scubadillo.org/maps.html

Marc Thompson mbt@ticnet.com
SCUBADILLO DIVE CLUB
Vice President 98-01
http://www.scubadillo.org

[red]Or you can e-mail me for more details --TexasMike[/red]

Sounds like fun Mike, but I won't be able to make this one. My hand has finally healed enough to get back in the water and I will be at Athens Scuba Park that weekend for my OW cert.....HOOORRRRAAAYYYY!!!!!

Jimbo

The weekend following, Tom Vyles (of this board) and I are planning a scouting expidition to the new place near Terrell.

Want to meet us there?

And knowing Michelle, I may not live to regret my slip up!

Sorry Mom!!!! :p

Hey Mike, can't stay all weekend - damn those chores- what's the scoop on a day trip dive? My dive buddy has gone ear sick & is probably landlocked for at least a month and I'm about going crazy just thinking about not being able to dive.

Thanx

Saturday diving is okay, but contact Marc Thompson [red]NOW(!!)[/red] (see e-mail address above) since he is needing a head count for the food preparers (aka dinner).

Where do you live and normally dive? Tom Vyles and I know each other (he married one of my best friends, the skunk!) and are working to try to schedule some dive time. Perhaps you might be able to join us?

--Michael

I live in Grand Prairie. I usually dive at Lake Whitney since it's closest, but prefer PK. I've also been to Athens alot. Basically anywhere within a few hours drive from home.

Any time you want to hook up just let me know!

I don't mind the group for the day trip to clear springs growing. I'll post directions to the site some time this evening or tomarrow morning. The directions are at home and I'm in the office today. We will need to work out some logistics for the trip. Check the clear springs post for more info.

Tom

Hey Mike! I'm in Paradise, just SW of Decatur - not too far from ya! I think we actually are going down to PK on Sunday, I'll see if we can hook up - never been with the club before (still kinda new to this area diving, mostly dive with public safety types - work for the Sheriff's office in Wise Co). We've been up to Lake Murray and some other spots in OK, and did a little salvage stuff just the other day in beautiful black-water Lake Bridgeport!

And of course, member of DAN!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom