TSDT Possum Kingdom Dive Event Final Details May 31 and June 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well it is coming down to just a little over a day till the weekend event. Here are some final details for the event

The Event: 5 W's

Who: All swampers and guest

When: May 31- June 1 2003: even though some swampers will

Where: Brazos River Authority – Site 1
Pictures of camp site 1 2 3

What: A weekend event to have fun with your fellow online buddies to dive and to relax after a week of work.

Why: because we can, and want to.

Dive site information

Map of lake with dive sites noted

Depths: 25-90 (for were we will be diving)
Place for the night dive ~25 ft
Hell's Gate and Bluff Creek(75-90ft)
rock bed below the Dam(120-140ft)
Stump Patch
Neele Slough

And various other sites on the lake.

Temps: (last reported on)
Surface 70 according to Scuba point on 5/22
First Thermocline: Temp: Depth:
Second Thermocline: Temp: Depth:

Schedule of events: JT2 please fill in gaps if necessary

Arrival: Friday afternoon night & Saturday, etc.

Saturday:

Sunday

How to get there:

I wasn’t able to get a map done in time but here is one that is close (these are directions to the boyscout camp on the lake that I will be working at but it will get you to the area that site 1 were we will be staying is.

Also look for signs on the side of the road that look like dive flags because I will try to put out some with arrows to help you to get to the area. I will do this if I get some time to make them tomorrow in addition to the list of items I have to do.

Link to Map (it’s a PDF)

Coming from Dallas and Ft. Worth
1. Take I20 or I30 west through Ft.worth till you get to US 180(exit coming from Ft. Worth is on the right).

2. Take the US180 exit(exit 414) and follow it through Weatherford and Mineral Wells (Going West). Watch your speed going through Mineral Wells the cops are a little eager to give tickets.

3. Once you pass through Mineral Wells look for SH 337 on your right and follow it north for 11.2 miles to SH 254

4. At the intersection of SH 337 and SH 254 turn left (west) and follow it(SH 254 ) for 7.1 to SH 16 south

5. Follow SH 16 for 1.8 miles to park road 36(aka FM 2351) about less then 5 miles to Lavillia road (turn right, there should also be a sign that points toward BRA site 1), and the camping area is on the right

If these directions are so clear keep a look out for signs about Brazo River Authority sites , we will be at site 1. we will be staying in Scenic Cove just off Park RD 36. if you see a sign for scuba point or come to a split in the road with a large road sign and a boat storage place behind it you have gone to far. If you need to ask at local businesses they are more then helpful.

If you totally get lost and need help feel free to call me (Scubatooth aka Dan White) at 972 978 1230, and if I don’t pick up leave a message and I will can you right back

But please no calls before 12:30 pm on Friday because I wont be out there till then myself and If I do get out there early I will be unpacking my gear at the scout camp out on PK.

MISC info:

JT2 has said that he will bring out a smoker to cooks a couple of brisquets and split hogs and a friend of his is bring supplies for cobblers for saterday night. As for Saturday breakfast and lunch (???) and then Sunday Breakfast and lunch (???)

We will be getting our air fills at scuba point (link to website ) they also have a map and direction to the area and will be able to tell you how to get to scenic cove(site 1). Rental Gear available prices on there website (link above)

JT2 i know i sent you a copy of this but it needed to be put online for everyone so if you see any corrections please let me know.

This is a list of people that said they would be coming:

Sorry in advance if i misspell your name

T2 plus some friends(#?)
Scubatooth
Two-BitTxn (wife and daughter maybe)
Kat & Alan
Hoover (Tenative)
Sue J and Hubby (Maybe)
Catch22
Diablo65 and Wife
Squinty Pete
Sue J (maybe)
ScubaTexasTony (and Bren) w/ warhammer beans
Texass
TruckDriver
astrl (sunday)

here is a link to the map that JT2 has posted before of the area on the lake that we will be diving.

inaddition i have a extra tent that some one could use(and one sleeping bag and pad but you will have to contact me either here or pm today because after all my gear is packed i wont be able to get it anymore

As mentioned in the other thread, little-diver daycare will be avaialbe for the little ones while we are diving

again my contact information.

You can email me up to midnight today and then i wont be back online at all.

Thanks Dan,

Deirdre and I will be there. Leaving mom at home so she can have some down time.

We are leaving Friday afternoon.

See yall there.

TwoBit

just a FYI to everyone, i just contacted the ranger at the scout camp about water quality on pk and it is still not useable unless faucets are marked as such. so if you can bring water from your home or bottled water, because even if there is a supply most of the water has a heavy chemical taste (bleach, chlorine,etc).

i personally will be bring water from the dallas area and i will have plenty, and i will be bringing my rubbermaid cooler for everybody to use

Dan

You guys have fun! We are not going to be able to make this one - maybe the next one!

Sue J

wish you could make it suej.

ok folks this is going to be it for me for posting for a while as i will have very limited internet access while im working for the camp

as for markers pointing to the campsite, the sign is on a normal sheet of paper with a dive flag on top and then the initials of the team and then a hand drawn arrow for direction.

JT2 i will calll you in about an hour sorry i didnt call you yesterday but i was busy as all get out.

seee you all at the lake

Actually I'll be out on Saturday instead. Probably around 8am. Hopefully I'll see ya'll then!

astrl

Sorry we didn't make it guys ..... my office move has screwed up pretty much everything since we got back from vacation a week & 1/2 ago, and we still haven't actually gotten moved!!!;-0 I just couldn't pull off getting all the scuba & camping gear and making the drive up ..... hopefully Alan & I can make the next get-together ........ hope you all had a great time!!!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom