Dive Party at Possum Kingdom!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Kat once bubbled...
....As to food - is Hoover bringing the cookies?? I'd didn't see them on my trip back from Balmorhea!!!!:wink:

Are you sure you looked at the right Sonic? I have a feeling Hoover's gonna be alot more careful with his cookies from now on!

Lets see Wal-mart bakery 50% off couple week old cookies... yeah those are in my budget.. second me.... for that option..
:D

SquintyPete once bubbled...
Lets see Wal-mart bakery 50% off couple week old cookies... yeah those are in my budget.. second me.... for that option..
:D

i got you beat the dollar bakery items at albertsons lol, but as for cookies i will have mom make up a couple dozen of snikerdoodles and oatmeal raisen.

Yes, the trip is still on for May 31st-June 1st, and I will probably be down Friday night to set up the cooker and stuff. As for food, I will be bringing a couple of briskets to smoke and two small wild hogs split in half, and I will have the cooker going the whole time if anybody else wants to throw something on it. My buddy will also be making a couple of BIG cobblers in some big Dutch Ovens we have. If we can get a good idea how many folks will be there, we can better plan the food situation. I will also be bringing plenty of paper towels and plates as well as dixie cups and all kinds of condiments, we are used to going to BBQ cook-offs, so we know what will be needed as far as that stuff goes.

Also, I will check my log book and get back to everybody on what to expect the water conditions to be, but it will depend greatly on the weather between now and then, however, late May and early June are usually very good visability months. I am very familiar with the lake and I can almost always find a good spot to dive even when the popular spots are churning.

I also wanted to let everyone know that their kids are welcome to come, and we will have some games and stuff for everybody to play, and there will always be plenty of folks at camp to watch the little ones, I will have mine there!

Let me know if any of y'all have any other questions!

JT2 - Alan & I hope to be there ....... it's only a week & 1/2 after our Miami/Keys trip, but hopefully we can pull it together.

Any info you have as it gets closer (directions, camping info, lake info, etc) will be greatly appreciated ...... sounds like you are pretty organized doing this stuff!!

Hey Diver Kat, I will be glad to help you with anything you want to know, also, be sure and check out the thread at the top of the Texas forum about the trip as there is more info there. I hope to see ya there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom