TSDT Possum Kingdom Lake Dive May 31 - June 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well so add 2 person at the list
me and my wife
and i dove with some swampers las seasson and becouse the weather we start paddling and now is time to get to the water
so we need to make reservationes at pk?
roy

well then name list will be changed in about 5 minutes so to reflect whose going.

as for the warhammer beans, thats fine if you bring them but please no one do the manuever because that will make me either die laughing underwater or chum the water for the fish.

As for the name we need to come up with something for it, but also i think since we are going to have this event up north that later in the year we need to do a event down south so to equal it out for the swampers all over the state

Roy thats wired your post showed up twice in the thread and 8 minutes apart, now thats wired

JT2 question do we need to make reservations for campsites ???? also how many people can we get into a camp site ?

Keep the ideas coming so we can make this a real good and fun weekend

Hello guy's and gal's, here is a map that I sent to Dee and had her post for me in my original thread about this dive trip, http://www.allenhost.com/albums/album38/aab.sized.jpg . The map is of the small area of the lake that we will be spending most of our time in, and I have marked the campsite we will be staying at as well as the Dive shop and a couple of the dive spots we will be hitting. Also, there are no fees for the campsite we will be staying at. There are only six public use areas at PK and the only ones that you have to pay fees at are #4 and #6, we are staying at #1, also known as Scenic Cove Public Use Area, or Brazos River Authority Camp ground. Reservations are not usually taken at this spot, but I have been talking to the BRA folks and I am trying to work something out with them, that is why I need to know as soon as possible how many folks are coming. I understand not everybody knows for sure if they can make it yet or not, so I don't mean to put any pressure on anyone, just please let me know as soon as you can.

If anyone needs further driving directions, please fel free to PM me andlet me know. I will be glad to make you up a map.

JT2 this weekend i will post driving directions to the lake comming from dallas, but could you give driving directions coming from the park road 36 or comming from 180

before i post the directions i will PM you so that you can proof it.

well im logging off i have to be at school in the morning and its already a long day. so till then yall have fun (yes and thats comming from a yankee transplant)

Well Folks

I was out at PK this weekend for checking out the lake and the spot we will be staying at (BRA Site #1) and took some pictures and i will post them on some of my webspace later once i have downloaded the pics. the site looked pretty good and we could get probably 30 - 40 people in hte area with out a problem and there is plenty of shade and there are onsite facilities.

Lake stats
Temp: low 60's
Vis prob around 10 -15 max
current alt at surface: 994 feet (very close to being called a alt dive)

notes: the lake is down prob 4- 8 feet and there hasnt been a lot of rain, and the dam gates are down(being replaced) at this time so that the lake can fill up for the summer

thats all for now i will try to give more updates as time gets closer

Thanks for the update Scubatooth, and it would be great if you could post pictures of the campsite for those who have never seen it.

Hey Leiserom, Lindy's Lakeview Lodge is only about 1/2mile from our campsite and it is right next door to the dive shop where we will be getting tanks filled. The rooms there are usually clean and they have airconditioning and cable TV, but if I were you I would make reservations as early as possible because for as popular as this lake is there really aren't very many nice places to stay at, and most of the lodges are on the other end of the lake from where we will be. Lindy's is one of the few lodges on our end of the lake that is decent to stay at and isn't ridiculously priced. The Cliff's is on the deep end of the lake as well but is way more $$$, as is Bluff Creek, but they are close and VERY nice! There are some hotels on your way in that would probably 25-30miles away from the lake that I am sure would be less money. I will check on the closest available hotels coming from your direction and get back to you. You can also check out some other info on the lake as well as lodging at www.possumkingdomlake.com if you want to. Please feel free to ask me about any of them as I have been to most of them.

PS. Do you need driving directions??

I'm almost afraid to post JT2, everytime we try to get together it seems you have a family emergency. I hope everything is OK now.

I'm not sure if I'll be camping, but I plan on being there. My boy's the one with the tent and he's gone AWOL.

Don't worry Texass, if I have another family emergency there going to have to bring it to me at the lake. I am really looking forward to this. I have had a truly horrible past six or seven months as far as family matters go, and it has stressed me to the highest level, I am definitly looking forward to some R&R.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom