TSA ban on SCUBA tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
"To name a few: SAN, LAX, ALB, MSY, and ATL"
SanFrancisco, LosAngeles, New Orleans and Atlanta have the checked baggage machines but I'm not sure about Albany. If they are allowing you as a passenger to have viewing access to the monitors it is in direct violation of TSA policy.

I thought we were talking about carry-on baggage. Those monitors are easily viewable from the security checkpoint line by anyone in every airport I've been to.

and by which airport I was curious as to the screener who let you look at the monitor showing your tank? I don't want his name, pod or platform just the airport.

I don't work airside/carry on, just checked baggage. Yes they (airside/carry on) are viewable and that issue is being addressd. My concern is what goes in the belly of the plane that no one has access to and can cause harm.

If you don't mnd we'll take this up again in the morning as my a^^ is whipped from all the BAGS!! I had to check today from the late criuse ships.

Whats even more funny with the tsa guys is that even with the list of items that is allowed is that they may use their own discretion on inspections. I do photography as a side buisness and i carry a tsa guidelines card. That states i am allowed hand inspection on all film and camera equipment. They have refused numerous times even with the card thier to show them they must hand inspect. And if you really want to know the kicker on this inspection crapolla the passengers are the only ones being check 95% of all cargo that the airlines carry is not checked or xrayed befor being loaded on the air craft. So we wont be able to carry any thing on the plane to blow it up or hijack it, but the terrorist just have to box it up and put it through air cargo and it will get shipped no problem.NOW does this amke any sense to any one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom