Trip Report The Revillagigedos on the Nautilus Explorer June 11-21, 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GREAT report!!! I have not been on the Nautilus Explorer since Mike moved the boat south... Only the good ole days BC trips for me.

Question...... Do they no longer have the AL skiff ( Indie) that winches up onto the dive deck? Do they still have the two premium staterooms on the top deck just forward from the hot tub?

Thanks!

GREAT report!!! I have not been on the Nautilus Explorer since Mike moved the boat south... Only the good ole days BC trips for me.

Question...... Do they no longer have the AL skiff ( Indie) that winches up onto the dive deck? Do they still have the two premium staterooms on the top deck just forward from the hot tub?

Thanks!
They have 3 RHIBs. Two are winched up to cradles above the dive deck. One rides secured to the dive platform. There are 4 staterooms on the second deck, you can view them on the website

Awesome report! Thank so much for providing so much detail. The pics are fantastic too!

Thanks!
The big aluminum skiff was sold off and is still being used somewhere, but I can't recall where.

Hi @davehicks

Whare is your gorgeous avatar from?
Excellent report! Glad to hear that the Nautilus team is doing well, along with the mantas.

Did you do any diving with Sea Creatures in Cabo San Lucas?

Hi @beaverdivers

I dived with See Creatures before my trip 5 years ago and had a good time.

I was not able to travel early for this trip and did not have the opportunity to dive with See Creatures again.

Hi @davehicks

Whare is your gorgeous avatar from?
That is from Socorro of course, at the Boiler, Jan 2014.

San Benedicto Is Mexico - Feb 4 2014 - Manta silhouette [APIX YBS2014] (Large).jpg

My most recent trip to Socorro with Nautilus was in May 2021 on the Nautilus Undersea. This is probably my favorite of their ships. The boat used to operate in Coco as the Undersea Explorer and was heavily modified when Mike bought it 5 or 6 years ago. The extended the dive deck and made to boat longer for instance. It has fewer cabins than the other boats and only takes about 14 passengers, I think. Less than the Explorer anyway and much less than the overstuffed Belle Amie.

Here is a shot from the 2021 trip of the SAME MANTA I posted above from 2014! You can see the identical pattern of spots on the underside.

1719850268672.jpeg

Hi @davehicks

Incredible that you saw and photographed the same manta more than 7 years later. Also at the Boiler?

You're right. The Undersea takes up to 19 guests in 9 cabins, the Explorer takes up to 25 guests in 13 cabins, and the Belle Amie takes up to 35 guests in 17 cabins. One of the reasons I chose the Explorer is the availability of the 2 single rooms and I'm too old to climb up and down from an upper bunk on the Undersea, particularly, in the middle of the night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom