After Red Sea, negative experience at Cairo International Airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I keep that in mind for the next time i travel to Libya... :wink::cool:
Yes, don't try to give a "gift" to police or security people at airports in Libya. Some neighboring countries, different story.

You mean a bola (a bolo is a large knife). I see your point considering all the strange incidents worldwide nowadays.
Yep. Thanks.
autocorrect.jpg

Because carry on arrives at destination with me; checked could be delayed. Carry on contains essentials- and I consider meds, DC, reg and mask to be essential.
Even on your way home? Like the OP?

Not just Western, in Libya (to some extent) and many other countries in the Middle East but some others don't view it as such. Some consider it as legitimate source of income.

really, in the airport ?? does anyone have knowledge of a diver paying a bit at security in egypt ? if so,what was the reason &amount?

Good old Egypt, never fails to let itself down! I travelled through Cairo last year to get to Hurghada and was pretty anxious about it, but it went smoothly, more by luck than anything else.
Live and learn! I hope detailing my experience helps make other visitors to Egypt a little smarter.

That's Egypt for you they make it up as they go along, I can promise a load of regulators went carry on after you went through all that.

Egypt and its airports are known cluster f's...best to avoid travel there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom