Trimix Update - from Uemis.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez you guys are harsh!

Next update promised AROUND the end of March, in my book we're still around the end of March.

All the people who bought Galileo Sol's had to wait and wait for a trimix update that still isn't released (over a year late!) as far as I know though it is only being beta tested now. Those Sol owners have had no official feedback on progress to my knowledge!

At least here UEMIS are trying to keep us somewhat updated! I have no idea how hard it is to code a dive computer to run trimix algorithims to bring us all back safely but I'm betting it's not easy........

Also remember that their biggest market is the USA where, by and large, people like to try and sue anyone they can as soon as anything goes wrong - even if it's their own fault!!

A bit of patience needed I think.

For disclosure - I've owned a UEMIS as well for almost a year now. Part of my purchasing decision was based on the future Trimix release but not all of it. I'm doing my first Trimix course now so the update would be great BUT......... it would only be as a backup to tables, run times and a dive timer at the moment.

My wife and I both have this computer and there is another issue that we both consistently find. Our computers record water temperatures 2-7 degrees F higher than our other computers (Suunto Viper for her and Suunto D9 for me) as well as other divers computers. Are others also finding this?

I don' think I'm being harsh at all. I met a guy from Uemis at a dive show in October 2009, he told me in person that a trimix update would be realeased by the end of Q1 2010, it's now over a year since and nothing other than hints, excuses and delays....

Uemis need to understand that, as with any company in any industry, word of mouth is the most powerful sales method available. When a company fails to deliver on its promises to existing customers - and we're not not talking weeks or even months here, but over a year - that word of mouth is going to change to from good to bad. I've been vocal in supporting Uemis, have encouraged others, including my students to buy this on the back of promises made. Uemis still haven't delivered. As per my previous post, this is simply unacceptable. As for patience, I've given them plenty, over a years worth. Two more weeks grace then my comments regarding Uemis to the large number of divers I meet every week will become very negative......

My concern with Trimix update is not update itself but apparent lack of ability to support the customer base. There is no 3rd party tool to download the data from the computer. It seems like UEMIS is short of resources and unsupported expensive dive computer and inability to back up dive data is frightening to me.

A lot of time has passed. We must be getting closer to an update.

We are in "end of april" phase now. "end of march" is gone...

I have to say I am starting to get frustrated with the lack of updates both with the computer and the logbook. I spent a lot of money for what I thought was a very well made well supported piece of gear. If they are not going to make the logbook better they should at least make it so people can export the data to another logbook. IMHO

I understand, and am forwarding this thread on to Switzerland. I'm not sure we can affect when trimix will be done, but perhaps it will gently remind them that here in the US we'd like to be able to save and view dives locally.

Reactions: BB1
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom