First dive at 40 meters - Newbies recreational

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't play the victim. Several very competent divers have tried to point out to you where you messed up. And have tried to show you how to avoid making those mistakes again. Because we've all been there and realize what kind of stupid unnecessary risks we took. "But for the grace of God..."

If you choose to take that as a personal attack, that's totally on you. But I'd rather see that you learned from those who already did those mistakes and got away with them. Because I'd hate to read about you in A&I.
This post aged like fine wine....I came here after reading his thread in the near misses in A&I

Well done Dody, I assume you did some more hand holding at night - you suave.

If your going to do alot more of the deep diving I'd flick the computer and invest in a shearwater, it even calculates your SAC for you if you get the AI version. The (20m) deep stop idea is old school. If you enjoy it you should contemplate Fundies or Sidemount/Doubles course, everyone says teck diving is harder, but I don't think so, there is a just alot more redundancy and on this type of dive an extra cylinder can add alot of safety. (you take it with you - but you don't have to use it), assuming your going to be doing more of these dives without a DM.

Well done for running the Scubaboard gauntlet, your braver than me,

Back
Top Bottom