Trimix Update - from Uemis.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiverLaura

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
02. November 2010 | 15:54 CET

Information about the Trimix Upgrade

Since one year, we work now for the Trimix upgrade with a high priority. We are making a good progress in the development of the software. But as things are now, we will not be able to release the Trimix upgrade in 2010 as anounced. We have to adapt the database on the unit as well as on myUemis and this causes more work than planned. Uemis CONNECT needs also adaptations. We deeply regret this delay and will inform about the progress again end of January 2011.
Nevertheless, we would like to give away some details of the upcoming Trimix upgrade:

Up to 9 user definable gas templates
Up to 6 tank pressure transmitters can be received by the SDA. Each gas template can include up to 6 different gases
A gas of a Trimix template can be deactivated (and reactivated), for example when the regulator fails. In this case, the decompression is calculated without that thank
Beside the normal decompression forcast, an emergency forcast is calculated. We will release more information about this feature later
A novel diveplanner for Air-, Nitrox- and Trimix dives will be available on the SDA
Of course, the well known user-friendlyness of the uemis ZURICH will still remain for Trimix!

End of January is tomorrow!! Laura have you heard any news on whether the next announcement is going to be on time??

as i talked with them at BOOT they promised the release at june 2011...just after the lauch of the galileo sol with trimix.

This is very disappointing.

Lets hope they push to get it released before the Sol......

Wonder if there'll be an official update??

Well I guess I was right that it will not be in Q1 of 2011 (as I posted in another thread on UEMIS). :(

It is officially February now and not even information update on the update. It is not looking good if UEMIS can't even keep their word on issuing timely update. Laura, dates slip but at least tell UEMIS that users expect to keep up with dates for the information updates.

Having said that it should be apparent by now that UEMIS firmware update schedule is not reliable. This is sad news however I think they should be looking into two paths of development. A major and minor release type.

I believe that it wouldn't take a major effort to add stopwatch into normal dive mode (it is already in gauge mode and surface mode) and/or have second count down on a safety/deep stops. This alone could be two minor updates while we wait on Trimix and would make the wait more bearable.

Oh, and publishing WSDL structure (assuming it is WSDL) so 3rd party software can be developed for logs uploads would be nice. I am afraid that if something happens to this small outfit and online logging goes away users are left holding the bag. It would be good if UEMIS could address how we can mitigate such risk as a user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom