Trimix Update - from Uemis.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is difficult to cut them any slack. I was told when I bought mine in Jan 2010 I would have Trimix by March. Then it was summer. At one point I was told it was just awaiting the final legal review and approval of the manual, etc...

Now I hear it "may be" ready June 2011. Even with my two year warranty, I will only have 6 months left by the time the unit is actually operational for one of the major purposes I purchased it.

Don't get me wrong. I love the computer, but if I had known this, I would have bought the Shearwater instead. And if it really is going to be later than the next couple of weeks, I am selling my two, and my wifes two, and buying Shearwater Predators.

You must have heard that March date from some amigo selling Uemis computers out of a shed.

So, since a couple of weeks is not likely...how much?

Information about the Trimix Upgrade
The planning and the execution of a trimix dive should be safe, reliable and simple with the help of a uemis ZURICH. We want to further increase the user friendly operation and make a firmware available, which meets the needs of all users – from the beginner to the tek diver. The upgrade will elate not only the trimix diver, but also offer new features for the air- and nitrox diver. Till then, we will publish news for the new firmware here.

This edition presents the new gas settings:

1. Depending on the user profile, 4 categories of templates are provided (Air, EAN, EAN 2T/3T and Trimix). The currently selected template (gas configuration) is displayed beween squared brackets angezeigt. If the gas configuration of the template should be used, it can be selected wit OK. Further settings are not necessary.

2. This shows the changeable templates (gas configurations). Up to 9 templates can be defined. The template name is generated automatically by the SDA and include the gas of the template category (TX), the MOD of the Bottom-Mix (D067 = 67m) and the number of tanks used by the template (3T). With the selection of the template, all tanks defined in the template will be directly accepted.

3. This shows the tank view for the current template. A gas configuration can include up to six tanks. The start tank can be selected with the OK button. The tank name is generated automatically by the SDA and include the gas (TX18/45) and the tank size (V15 = 15 liters).

4.The gas settings of each tank can be configured in the gas view. MOD and END are displayed for the current settings. A warning sign will show up, if the END exceeds the maximum value set in the limits setting of the SDA. Imperial units will also be available.

The next edition will be published around end of march. A date for the release of the firmware 2.00 will be published only a short period before it is ready.

Attachments

• information_zum_trimix_upgrade_large.jpg
    information_zum_trimix_upgrade_large.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 109
edition = press release

Well in my world "edition = software edition" hence asking :)

Which pretty much confirms that we "might" see Trimix by end of Q2, more likely now Q3.

I agree with regards to the word edition... :)

I am not going to guess on when we might see trimix. With the Gauge mode update, it was "its coming its coming" and then BAM! all of a sudden it released...

Well in my world "edition = software edition" hence asking :)

Which pretty much confirms that we "might" see Trimix by end of Q2, more likely now Q3.

We are "around end of March" :)

Come to think of it, year wasn't mentioned. :D

That the year wasn't mentioned is an interesting point but still... come on Swiss guys you have a reputation to lose - so don't let us wait! :wink:

This is really poor from uemis. I bought mine late October 2009, was promised a Trimix update first quarter 2010 by a guy from uemis at the NEC dive show, UK.

It was because of that promise I bought this unit. Since then I have actively promoted uemis to divers on four red sea liveaboards, at numerous UK dive sites, to colleagues at the dive centre I work at and to my students.

The failure to deliver a trimix update, now a full year after I was told in person is just unacceptable. I am no longer promoting it due to the obvious indifference uemis have for their customers. If the update is not released within a couple of weeks I'll be actively discouraging people from buying this unit, will dump mine and switch to a manufacturer that's able to actually deliver on it's promises.....

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom