Trimix Update - from Uemis.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Ernst figured out proper model for CNS, fat, joints etc... it is simply irresponsible to name the compartments after body tissues.

Is it? It seems to be what everybody and they mothers in the industry are doing. While I fully agree that it's not 100% technically correct, I see no real issues with it. The whole compartment theory is an approximation anyway.

Is it? It seems to be what everybody and they mothers in the industry are doing. While I fully agree that it's not 100% technically correct, I see no real issues with it. The whole compartment theory is an approximation anyway.

Who does it? Which agency names the compartments after real body tissues?

If you indeed feel that he is being irresponsible, i would highly recommend taking that up with him on a private email exchange, as opposed making such accusations on a public forum. He can be reached at info@uemis.com, address your questions to him. Although the agencies may or may not put exact names on the 'compartments' i can assure you that instructors DO mention things such as blood/cns as a "fast" compartment, and cartilage as a "slow" compartment... This has been taught in diving for at least the past 20 years.

Again, the SDA was designed as a recreational unit. A basic diver who has been through a basic scuba class generally understands the concept of fast vs. slow tissues and indeed registers them often by a 'name' such as blood, CNS, fat, etc... it is a visual, named way to remind them what compartments they are loading up. It is an attempt to communicate data in a non-number format, simply because some people register words that correlate to theoretical numbers and bars better than just numbers.

Unless Ernst figured out proper model for CNS, fat, joints etc... it is simply irresponsible to name the compartments after body tissues.

I think it would be more appropriate to display half time number instead of naming the tissues that are hypothetical.

This thread has drifted far outside the original topic of "trimix update" it will be locked and as soon as i figure out how to split it, it will be split and y'all can argue compartments and named tissues all day long (or you can start a new thread, which might allow discussion to continue sooner).

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom