Trimix Update - from Uemis.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall ever hearing anything official about the trimix update for the Uwatec dive computers during the whole time they've waited. Suunto never interact with their customer base. Same for Oceanic. At least we have had some updates from UEMIS!

I have said this before and will say it again:

Would you prefer a buggy trimix release to waiting for a fully tested one??

I know which my preference is!!

I really like my computer and would love the trimix update asap but am not going to bust their b@lls over it, it will be realeased when ready as they have previously stated.

It is my understanding from talking to a SP Platinum dealer, UWATEC's trimix algorithim is 16 compartment, which translates to overly conservative. In addition, the nitrox usage of the computer will be affected (conservative) by the software download.

In short, the manufactors are basically forced to utlize overly conservative algorithims as the target base for both computers is mostly recreational divers. If you like the computer for rec usage, be content IMO. I am very happy with my Galileo Sol. Just my 2psi worth...

In case anyone cares, I did write over to uemis asking for information. They responded that they are not able to comment at this time. So who knows what the story is, probably still in testing though I would like confirmation.

In case anyone cares, I did write over to uemis asking for information. They responded that they are not able to comment at this time. So who knows what the story is, probably still in testing though I would like confirmation.

Sad indeed.

Care to explain why the widely used ZH-L16 model (which is implemented in the SOL) is overly conservative?

Thank you

From what I was told, the ZH-L16 model is based upon 8 compartments, and the newer trimix algorithm is based upon 16 compartments...

From what I was told, the ZH-L16 model is based upon 8 compartments, and the newer trimix algorithm is based upon 16 compartments...

ZH-L16 model has 16 compartments. (That's what the "16" means :wink: )

Bühlmann decompression algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By the way, the Shearwater predator uses ZH-L16(C) , handles helium quite happily ,and has user settable gradient factors that allow conservatism to be set according to individual preference.

Also has the significant advantage of actually existing. :D

ZH-L16 model has 16 compartments. (That's what the "16" means :wink: )

Bühlmann decompression algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By the way, the Shearwater predator uses ZH-L16(C) , handles helium quite happily ,and has user settable gradient factors that allow conservatism to be set according to individual preference.

Also has the significant advantage of actually existing. :D

Ok, that's fine, but what I am saying is, it replaces the previously installed 8 compartment algorithm used for air and nitrox...

Scott, yes, the ZH-L16 DD will replace ZH-L8 ADT PMG as ist is currently implemented in the Galilieo. The ZH-L8 is a descendant of the ZH-L16, reduced from 16 to 8 compartments, due limited computing power when it was first implemented in dive computers, but basically delivering the same results.

Keep in mind folks, this is the UEMIS forum. It is implementing a ZHL 8+ algorithm. If we are headed off on a discussion about the algorithms in the Galileo and soon to be implemented in the Galileo could you please take it over to the general dive computers or Scubapro forum? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom