the tropics are waking up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow the eye just became from tiny on IR imaging. Hopefully that doesn't mean rapid intensification.

We are just getting light rain since around noon. TBH this is the worst part you've done all you can now there is the sitting and waiting.

A friend of mine is part of the breaking news team for a major network travels for all the major news events, he is in town. Listen I like you man, but I don't want to see you at work.

Ain't that the truth! Once you've made your decision, picked your location, finished your preparation ... then you wait ... and wait ... and wait.

Current projection has the eye coming ashore roughly 50-60 miles north of us at most. That is on both the Euro and GFS. That isn't far given the monster this has grown into, but it should (hopefully) be far enough to keep us from seeing the worst of the eye. We shall see. Now we just wait.

I have been looking at the rainfall predictions on the nhc website. Those (5-day cumulative) rainfall depths look pretty scary, even into Orlando and across the center of the state. If the predictions are accurate, the flooding is going to be pretty severe. Often we see fast moving hurricanes dropping relatively little rainfall. Good luck everyone.
Picture11111.jpg

The entire state is under a hurricane or tropical storm warning. Only the panhandle excepted. Even the Bahamas are getting pummeled by outer bands.

67A9A32C-8B52-42FF-A4A1-3C64A878790C.jpeg

Best of luck, Floridians! I have two uncles in Sarasota who are bracing and waiting.

I saw where Lubbock's electric company is sending 18 crewmen with trucks on a road trip this morning, expected in the Lakeland FL area Friday. FEMA is footing their expenses. I guess that out of state crews will be arriving from all over.

Looks like the eye is about to come ashore near Englewood and Sanibal.

I fear that the flooding could reach inland as far as "Herbert Hoover Dike" around Lake Okeechobee. Canada is reporting several Carbon Monoxide injuries from generators after Fiona hit there. Too many generators, too few alarms.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom