the tropics are waking up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando ... not the Keys.

Keys would be better honestly. They will see almost no impact most likely. Orlando on the other hand.....
Yeah, I jumped a few hundred miles in my rambling. I tend to think of the whole state as a lowland target rich zone.

We have family (nephew, his wife, their kids and some extended family) supposed to head to Orlando throughout next week and staying for the following week. They called me to get my input. I said, first and foremost, you don't want any part of a hurricane of any flavor so do NOT travel down in front of this thing until we have some certainty on where it is going. For now Orlando is very much in the mix.
The only way I think that that would be a good idea is if they were thinking of going to Orlando from somewhere on the south Florida coast. Meanwhile, is Gaston heading back south for refueling?

The only way I think that that would be a good idea is if they were thinking of going to Orlando from somewhere on the south Florida coast. Meanwhile, is Gaston heading back south for refueling?

Nope. They are coming from the Midwest. Currently, thankfully, I have them planning to push out their arrival until next weekend. If it then does in fact impact Orlando, they will just cancel the trip. If no impact, they will fly in as planned next Saturday. Small victory there!

If it then does in fact impact Orlando,
A commercial pilot friend who works for a major airline and is based here in Orlando was just notified that he's flying out on Tuesday with no return trip date. Basically take your aircraft out of Florida.

A commercial pilot friend who works for a major airline and is based here in Orlando was just notified that he's flying out on Tuesday with no return trip date. Basically take your aircraft out of Florida.
I bet. But there will be tourists arriving who say "What hurricane?"

The westward drift of the projected path seems to have stopped, at least for now. It has been unchanged for the last 24 hours or so.

The westward drift of the projected path seems to have stopped, at least for now. It has been unchanged for the last 24 hours or so.

Even worse (for FL). It has shifted back east by 100 miles or so roughly.

I see that Manatee county has ordered evacuations and Hillsborough County has for some zones. Where to two million folks go when the whole state is a target? There is another million in Pinellas County. Glad to see that Cozumel is still not in the cone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom