the tropics are waking up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Euro model say's Hermine's gonna ring your door bell on Thursday and then ring mine that evening at a Cat2. I'll be filling generator gas cans soon cause I can always dump them in my car to use.

One to keep an eye on for sure!

The models are getting really good at the track but not so good at gauging intensification. Always need to plan for any storm impact to be 1-2 levels higher than predicted.

I'll be filling generator gas cans soon cause I can always dump them in my car to use.
I guess it comes from growing up on a farm with a private well, but I always have 10-12 gallons of bottled water stored, and I live alone. I've read that they have indefinite shelf lives, but I date the jugs and rotate them, taking the older ones on camping trips.

The prediction tracks seem to be tighting up to the east Cozumel and through Cuba.

1663926599499.png

The prediction tracks seem to be tighting up to the east Cozumel and through Cuba.

View attachment 745143

... and coming straight for my doorstep.

May pass a tad bit north of me. At least if I had to guess, that is what I'd guess. Looks to be aiming for Charlotte/Sarasota county area BUT still alot of uncertainty. This will impact a good part of the southern 2/3s of Florida most likely. So Cozumel is currently looking like it will see minimal impacts, keep those of us in Florida in your thoughts and prayers please.

There is a cold front moving down that will be here in Austin on Monday. It is likely one of the factors influencing the predictions of an easterly turn of the storm track.

That is THE factor picking it up and pulling it northeast.

Just left our local Publix Store.... People are already filling carts with wine, beer & batteries. There will be fights in Walmart on Saturday, lol!

This one has a Charlie vibe.
Huh?

If I lived in Florida, I'd want a 50-gallon water tank so I could keep flushing as needed. Turn your water heater off and save it for backup drinking.

Huh?

If I lived in Florida, I'd want a 50-gallon water tank so I could keep flushing as needed. Turn your water heater off and save it for backup drinking.
When I lived in Louisiana we always used to fill the bathtubs whenever there was a TS heading anywhere near us.

Back
Top Bottom