the tropics are waking up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danielle and Earl are going iceberg hunting I guess. Southern California and Arizona are expecting floods from Kay. Those Baja storms often send rain into west Texas, so hoping so. On the other side of the world, MUIFA is aiming to punish Taiwan and parts of mainland China. It does feel like September.

Danielle and Earl are going iceberg hunting I guess. Southern California and Arizona are expecting floods from Kay. Those Baja storms often send rain into west Texas, so hoping so. On the other side of the world, MUIFA is aiming to punish Taiwan and parts of mainland China. It does feel like September.
Things are pretty quiet again. The NHC has taken Kay and Danielle as well as a couple of potential systems they showed a few days ago off their tracking maps. Earle is still there headed off into the North Atlantic and there are diffuse tropical waves off the coasts of Africa and southern Mexico, but nothing else.

Kay is threatening floods in California as she starts breaking up over the ocean, with flooding being the number one risk to lives in tropical storms, and it looks like the storms are covering much of Arizona. We may well get some moisture from her in west Texas, just not as much as we get from hurricanes that break up more inland. Overseas, MUIFA is just starting to get mean.

Kay is threatening floods in California as she starts breaking up over the ocean, with flooding being the number one risk to lives in tropical storms, and it looks like the storms are covering much of Arizona. We may well get some moisture from her in west Texas, just not as much as we get from hurricanes that break up more inland. Overseas, MUIFA is just starting to get mean.

At the moment there is not a lot going on in CA and the storms in AZ are all up in the NW corner.

Of course, that link is constantly updated

At the moment there is not a lot going on in CA and the storms in AZ are all up in the NW corner.

Of course, that link is constantly updated
Yeah, those conditions change fast. The heat wave that has punished southern California got a break, and the rains will be mostly beneficial for those who can avoid drowning. https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurr...worth-of-rain-flash-flooding-in-socal/1245242

1663772488665.png

I'm sure watching!

1663777000418.png

I'm sure watching!
The Euro model say's Hermine's gonna ring your door bell on Thursday and then ring mine that evening at a Cat2. I'll be filling generator gas cans soon cause I can always dump them in my car to use.

Back
Top Bottom