the tropics are waking up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Huh?

If I lived in Florida, I'd want a 50-gallon water tank so I could keep flushing as needed. Turn your water heater off and save it for backup drinking.
I spelled it wrong, apologies.

1663956465190.png

I brew my own beer, so I always have 30gal of RO water in a tank anyway.

H.Charleys from 2004. I think that's the year I took the kids to swim with manatees in Crystal Bay or somewhere near Tampa. I remember the boat captain telling me that they never have hurricanes land on the east side, a month before he did.

This is the year that Alaska and Canadian Maritimes both get hit. :surrender:

In Coz now. Leaving Sat. Looks like this storm is going to chase me back home to Sarasota.

In Coz now. Leaving Sat. Looks like this storm is going to chase me back home to Sarasota.
Tomorrow? She'll still be way south. Or next Saturday? She'll be history. Jet Blue has one pilot who flies over them, if he's still allowed.

1663959212927.png

Keep watching Ian. The projected storm track has been drifting slowly to the west all day today. My peeps in south Louisiana are starting to get a little nervous, too.

Ian hasn't missed Cozumel yet. That cone of hate could veer west at any time and his the island Tuesday. Hope not.

H.Charleys from 2004.
Lots of similarities to Charley. In Orlando, I was out of power for 4 days. This time I've upgraded my generator and a whole bunch of things. I'll be able to run AC hot showers, internet, TV, & full kitchen. Ian is going to stall on top of us for 2 full days and power crews won't safely start working until Friday morning. I'm set & ready for the 135 mph gusts.(110 sustained),,,,but not 31 foot high SW gulf wave heights.

Lots of similarities to Charley. In Orlando, I was out of power for 4 days. This time I've upgraded my generator and a whole bunch of things. I'll be able to run AC hot showers, internet, TV, & full kitchen. Ian is going to stall on top of us for 2 full days and power crews won't safely start working until Friday morning. I'm set & ready for the 135 mph gusts.(110 sustained),,,,but not 31 foot high SW gulf wave heights.

Here in Bonita Springs we are (for now) out of the cone. We will see squally rain bands and tropic storm force gusts most likely as Ian works its way past. Still monitoring closely and making sure we are ready in case it jogs to the east. Anything is possible!

We have family (nephew, his wife, their kids and some extended family) supposed to head to Orlando throughout next week and staying for the following week. They called me to get my input. I said, first and foremost, you don't want any part of a hurricane of any flavor so do NOT travel down in front of this thing until we have some certainty on where it is going. For now Orlando is very much in the mix.

You're like 20 miles outside of the cone, which ain't much the way these things turn at times. Good luck.
We have family (nephew, his wife, their kids and some extended family) supposed to head to Orlando throughout next week and staying for the following week. They called me to get my input. I said, first and foremost, you don't want any part of a hurricane of any flavor so do NOT travel down in front of this thing until we have some certainty on where it is going.
Good Lord, No way! I'm guy-shy as I mentioned, but I don't see that as a good idea until long after the cleanup. Last I read, the Monroe county officials have not called for evacuation. It takes so long to clear those islands out over the Over The Sea hiway, but then where would they go? I remember a few years back when Houston expected a big hit and several million tried to head inland at once. It didn't go well at all.

Good Lord, No way! I'm guy-shy as I mentioned, but I don't see that as a good idea until long after the cleanup. Last I read, the Monroe county officials have not called for evacuation. It takes so long to clear those islands out over the Over The Sea hiway, but then where would they go? I remember a few years back when Houston expected a big hit and several million tried to head inland at once. It didn't go well at all.

Orlando ... not the Keys.

Keys would be better honestly. They will see almost no impact most likely. Orlando on the other hand.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom