the tropics are waking up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I fear that the flooding could reach inland as far as "Herbert Hoover Dike" around Lake Okeechobee. Canada is reporting several Carbon Monoxide injuries from generators after Fiona hit there. Too many generators, too few alarms.
No matter how much we are warned against it, some people will always run portable generators indoors.

No matter how much we are warned against it, some people will always run portable generators indoors.
I don't understand why. They produce as much killer gas as 450 cars. Do people not know, seriously? I run my gas mower for a few minutes before an oil change every year, and I can see the attraction of working with one in a garage, but that's a deadly risk too.

Where do you get that number? How is it normalized for apples to apples?
Well, part of that is that cars are much cleaner today. My hairdresser tells me she knows of two in my small town who tried to kill themselves in closed garages with their cars running, but failed. I didn't ask for names. They would have succeeded with lawnmowers.

It's seen on several sites, but they all are probably taking it from https://www.cpsc.gov/s3fs-public/PresentationSAE_SETC.pdf

1664470656798.png

That's ok, it all works out in the end.
Simply vying for the Darwin award of the year.
Like the people in Fort Myers captured by a news crew playing in the storm surge?

So Ian has weakened to a Tropical Storm but is gaining strength over the water gain and is expected to be a hurricane once more when it lands in Charleston....

1664471272214.png

So much of Florida is a wasteland, but I thought the Keys would be safe. Not necessarily...

A news reporter in Orlando this afternoon was super excited to narrate some live shots of a gator swimming around in a flooded residential neighborhood.

He made it sound like the gator came to eat the entire community.

Gators, crocs, snakes, balls of red ants, along with some looters who were arrested. I hope the best for those suffering thru the aftermath.

Back
Top Bottom