The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys thanks for a great dive! Nice to meet you, and Whiz - lets go night diving! Kev, thanks for the help on the tanks, oyoyoy - that weight is something else!

Here are some pics from Saturday's dive. Good to see some old friends and meet some new ones - I had a great time.

IMG_9841.jpg

IMG_9807.jpg

IMG_9787.jpg

IMG_9828.jpg

Hey guys thanks for a great dive! Nice to meet you, and Whiz - lets go night diving! Kev, thanks for the help on the tanks, oyoyoy - that weight is something else!

Nicki - you're in like Flynn :)

Here are some pics from Saturday's dive. Good to see some old friends and meet some new ones - I had a great time.

Very nice pics Stu, I hope you enjoyed your birthday :)

Great pictures, Stu. Thanks for sharing with us. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your birthday - next year we'll bring a cake!

It was great meeting and diving with everyone yesterday.
I hope to dive with you again soon!
Beth

Great pix

Great photos Stu (I have yet to get a good pic of the yellow trumpet & I took 3 on our dive all bad)
I want to say a great big thank you to all for a wonderful Saturday morning
Wiz thanks for picking up the lobster I missed. Oh & Brian, if I knew how to post pics, I would of the lobster you did miss as it was in the mouth of a Goliath!!

Thanks again for a great day of diving
Deb

Great photos Stu (I have yet to get a good pic of the yellow trumpet & I took 3 on our dive all bad)
I want to say a great big thank you to all for a wonderful Saturday morning
Wiz thanks for picking up the lobster I missed. Oh & Brian, if I knew how to post pics, I would of the lobster you did miss as it was in the mouth of a Goliath!!

Deb

Those crazy jewfish, they don't even boil them first :rofl2:

If you email me the pic, I can post it for you, that's gotta be a great pic :D

It's just never a bad day on UWExplorer :)

Last edited:
Hey! I had fun this weekend too! The vis really has been suffering though. I think that the first dive of the weekend, on the Castor was the best for me. Viz was about 40-45 feet once we got below 70' or so. Out on the reefs we had an average of about 20' vis with the best at about 35' on Clubhouse (dive 2 Saturday morning) and then steady deterioration through the last dive, where viz was about 10'. Sunday's dives were about 20' on Briny Breezes and 10' again on Lynn's.

I don't understand what it is about the viz... it seems like there's been a stream of mud since the big storms hit the gulf, but it's running through clear water. It seems like we are often right on the edge of the color change, and in fact halfway through the third dive on Saturday we swam out of not great, but decent blue water into a curtain of green mud. It does seem like the Gulfstream is back to it's normal proximity and we're seeing regular moderate north currents here again.

I didn't bring my camera on Sunday at all, for the Lobster Mobster dives due to an unexpected nap when I should have been charging batteries. Probably half of the pics I took Saturday were out of focus due me not knowing what to do with a camera in low light, so I really appreciate the pics that you shared Stu! Happy Birthday too!

There were plenty of lobsters on Saturday and they were still here and there on Sunday. People hit limits both days.

Injured.jpg

The injured Goliath grouper seems to be recovering. The wound is about half as wide as it was the last time I posted about it. Sorry about the dark picture.

Clubhouseoctopus.jpg

There is a large octopus on Clubhouse, that has made a very large mess in his front yard. Here he is peering out of his lair.

okayvizStu.jpg

Just to give you some idea of the change in viz out on the reef here's Stu on the second dive...

BadvizStu.jpg

and here's Stu on the fourth dive.

Wiz thanks for picking up the lobster I missed.
Deb

So when should I come over for dinner? :wink: You did get enough lobsters for me and my family!
My mouth still watering from that recipe you shared with us.

It was great diving with you too Deb.

Wiz

I posted my dive report on the Lobtoberfest thread in trips and marketplace. I had a GREAT TIME, I love diving in Boynton and Kev is the best dive buddy.

Stu, I'm so happy that you spent your birthday diving! That's the best!!!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom