Tank Slippage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michaelp68

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I had some tank slippage problems that I'd been battling for a while until I tried the cam strap tension pads sent to me by Scuba Board member Cool_Hardware.

THANK YOU, Cool_Hardware.

It's a product that worked and worked well.

I put them on my BC while watching tv one night last week and finally had a chance to dive this past Saturday. It was nice to dive without any slippage at all, finally. It's been such a headache worrying about the slippage on every dive, and it was so relaxing to have a dive where there was no slippage, whatsoever.

Thanks again, Cool_Hardware, for a good product.

Michael

Just curious but do you wet your BC before putting it on your tank. I know when I don't wet my BC first I have the same problem.

undefined
michaelp68:
I had some tank slippage problems that I'd been battling for a while until I tried the cam strap tension pads sent to me by Scuba Board member Cool_Hardware.

I put them on my BC while watching tv one night last week and finally had a chance to dive this past Saturday. It was nice to dive without any slippage at all, finally. It's been such a headache worrying about the slippage on every dive, and it was so relaxing to have a dive where there was no slippage, whatsoever.

Michael

michaelp68:

Michael

Thanks Michael,

Glad to hear the pads worked.

Tobin

scubagreg:
Just curious but do you wet your BC before putting it on your tank. I know when I don't wet my BC first I have the same problem.

undefined

Greg,

Our pads do three things:
1. Retain the tank, by maintaining tension on the strap

2. Greatly reduce the load on the buckle, making broken plastic buckles a thing of the past

3. Greatly reduce the closing force necessary on the buckle. This makes it possible for anybody including my 98lb daughter, to secure a tank by themselves.

It is certainly possible for a strong qualified user to secure a tank without our pads, by wetting the strap, ratcheting the buckle etc........but our pads make it easier and reduce the load on the buckle.

Regards,

Tobin

I've had Scubapro stab. jackets for 20 years. Never had a tank slip and I don't have to wet it before mounting it on the tank.

michaelp68:

Michael
I have also tried the Cool_Hardware strap tension pads and they work as advertized. They slipped on easily and held the tank tightly. I'm a fan. Thanks Cool_Hardware.

I've never had a problem with tank slippage. Doesn't wetting the strap and adjusting it so it's tight keep the tank in place?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom