Tank neck strap on BPW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's all it's for, really. That way they aren't grabbing your reg or messing up your harness adjustments.

One caveat I should mention. I may be a bit unique here, but my BP/W "kit" is never left assembled. I assemble it on the boat or at the shore site, dive it, and then disassemble it. I therefore have no need to hang my whole kit as it is broken down into separate pieces ... wing, STA and backplate. I lay everything out to dry after a dive weekend after rinsing. Wing is kept in a large stahlsac bag with my other "soft" gear (wetsuit, boots, socks, gloves) and the backplate and STA go into a crate with my other "hard" gear (lights, compass, regulators, etc.). Keeping "soft" gear separate from "hard" gear helps prevent unfortunate events like pinch flats. YMMV.

Just a piece of string is all you need to use and you can hang your bc on your tank to your hearts content

To all you horizontal and or vertical assemblers suggesting the piffle that a tank neck strap is not required

Your comments should be more than not placed in the most ridiculous ever suffered here on ScubaBoard
showing you have no clue as to gear and your post present and future ideas be taken with a pinch of salt.

Just a piece of string is all you need to use and you can hang your bc on your tank to your hearts content

To all you horizontal and or vertical assemblers suggesting the piffle that a tank neck strap is not required

Your comments should be more than not placed in the most ridiculous ever suffered here on ScubaBoard
showing you have no clue as to gear and your post present and future ideas be taken with a pinch of salt.
haha, dude, just position the top cam band up at the highest point possible before the tank starts to curve. It's not particularly hard. what do you need a piece of string for?

If I was diving from a RIB I might consider adding one as it would make a nice handle for the mate to lift the rig into the boat after doffing,
I don't have a cylinder strap but do have lifting handles for this reason.
Kayak handle on the Scubapro wing and a piece of cordage [rope for lubbers] on the Hog wing. will post photos soon.
IMG_20230111_070914_DRO.jpg
IMG_20230111_071136_DRO.jpg

I have one on my bp/w because A) it came with one, and B) it helps support it when I hang it up. I put the loop around the "hook" on the hanger and the arms of the hanger under the shoulder straps.

If anyone's really that offended by it, I'd suggest spending less time worrying about how other people set up their gear.

I don't have one but always thought they were a pretty handy the few times I used a BCD with one.

Now, can someone please chime in and explain how this is going to kill the OP, bonus if you add a story on how your friend almost died from it but (of course) you saved them .

I don't have one but always thought they were a pretty handy the few times I used a BCD with one.

Now, can someone please chime in and explain how this is going to kill the OP, bonus if you add a story on how your friend almost died from it but (of course) you saved them .
Because before you know it' he'll be using an Air2 and split-fins.

If I need to hang my BP/W to dry (it stays assembled with plate, wing, tank adapter) I usually loop the harness over the back of a chair and it is good to go.

True story (not really): My dive buddy was inside of a wreck and I was outside watching him. There was a piece of rod horizontally sticking into the path that he was going, in trim of course. The unneeded tank strap caught on this death trap of a rod and hung him up. Fortunately I was there to rescue him.

Truth: This did happen but the rod got caught on fish stringer he had hanging from his waistband. Either way, tank strap sounds like it will kill. Oh, and he was using an Air2. Probably had split fins also!

I have one on my bp/w because A) it came with one, and B) it helps support it when I hang it up. I put the loop around the "hook" on the hanger and the arms of the hanger under the shoulder straps.

If anyone's really that offended by it, I'd suggest spending less time worrying about how other people set up their gear.

Seriously? No one is offended and no one said he's going to die. You are both jumping to conclusions a bit.

He asked a question, I and others have answered the question. Simple truth is that the majority of us do not have a tank neck loop, and those that do it is really for picking up/hanging up the kit/rig, not for what the BCD tank neck loop is used for.

Let's pause the overreactions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom