Tank neck strap on BPW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCrecdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Been putting together my first BPW and found out I'm missing a tank neck strap. What do you all use for that? I came across the Dive Rite Transpac Tank Strap which attaches to the BP using a loop to feed the top cam band through. I'm wondering how good that will work though. Wouldn't the cam band get folded up when you hang a heavy BPW on the tank? And depending if/how it gets folded up, one might end up with a different distance from the tank neck?
Maybe I'm overthinking this but possibly some of you did this or something else.

Thanks!

Been putting together my first BPW and found out I'm missing a tank neck strap. What do you all use for that?

Nothing. They aren't necessary.

I've never seen a BP/W with one and if I did, that would certainly be a BP/W I would not be interested in. IMO adding one would go against the whole idea of simplicity and minimalism inherent in the design of a backplate and wing.

Been putting together my first BPW and found out I'm missing a tank neck strap. What do you all use for that?

Since I never had a BC with a tank neck strap, I didn't miss one when I went to BPW. You could always put one on your BPW, but if you use a variety of tanks, you might find the placement of BPW on the tank may be less than optimal in some cases.

I don't. I've got two cam band straps that are more security than one band and a neck strap, and I know where I want the straps to go. I don't see a real need for a tank neck strap in this situation?
I've found the neck strap useful to hang the BCD on the cylinder and be certain that it's at the height I'm used to. It also helps the bcd stay in place while I close the cam bands. I wouldn't call it a necessity but I've always found it handy.

Nothing. They aren't necessary.

I've never seen a BP/W with one and if I did, that would certainly be a BP/W I would not be interested in. IMO adding one would go against the whole idea of simplicity and minimalism inherent in the design of a backplate and wing.
Dive Rite Transpac has a neck strap.

Since I use seperable cam bands, I find a neck strap easy and handy to hang the rig on the tank when setting up. Also is nice for perfect positioning.

1/2" webbing with a one or 2 piece buckle, passed through the upper camband slots. You can probably find them for almost nothing at the Wal-Mart camping section for attaching sleeping bags or pads to a backpack.

Since I use seperable cam bands, I find a neck strap easy and handy to hang the rig on the tank when setting up. Also is nice for perfect positioning.

1/2" webbing with a one or 2 piece buckle, passed through the upper camband slots. You can probably find them for almost nothing at the Wal-Mart camping section for attaching sleeping bags or pads to a backpack.
I use separable bands as well and definitely the neck strap is going to make my life easier to close them! Will try the piece of webbing through the band slots. Should indeed do the trick better than the Transpac one I saw. Cheaper too...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom