Tank neck strap on BPW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I attached a handle/strap and a tank neck strap.

The handle is to lift the BCD off the tank.
Also to hang the bcd on a hanger to dry. The BCD slips off the hanger when only using the shoulder Without straps. The handle strap ensures the bcd doesn't fall off when it's windy or another diver nudges my hanging bcd.

The neck strap comes in handy when changing tanks in tight quarters on a rocking boat. The BCD can weigh about 22 lbs after a dive (bcd weight, 12lbs weights, torch & umbilical canister, butt pouch with sundries etc etc). A luxury more than a necessity.

I imagine all those strap-naysayers replacing electric windows in their cars with manual window cranks and no indoor plumbing at home.:rofl3:

Reactions: EdC
No tank neck strap required but I did add a handle

full

Ha ha ha ho ho ho gran sale gran sale gran sale emilobri do Franco Cozzo

Dudesesses esspecially for those ayes that can see what the mind can not

Hanging only by the string exactly where you want with the buckles open

011.JPG

No particular cam band buckle futzing the webbing stays as it is slip it on close the buckle
especially when there is also the weight of regs, and stuff, and pony when swapping tanks

Oh the pain the pain!

See you down there when I'm already on the way up

None of the few wings I have(double/single) came with neck strap and not even my first jacket bc.

while not necessary they can make assembly easier, I’ve used one made from the same poly line I use for pony bottle rigging, a strap is more cumbersome. I assemble my gear on the horizontal but even there they can come in handy for getting the tank in the same spot every time, helps with trim. Happy pic above shows this kind of “rope”/“string” and it’s all you need.

while not necessary they can make assembly easier, I’ve used one made from the same poly line I use for pony bottle rigging, a strap is more cumbersome. I assemble my gear on the horizontal but even there they can come in handy for getting the tank in the same spot every time, helps with trim. Happy pic above shows this kind of “rope”/“string” and it’s all you need.
ya' know, that's not a bad idea. i imagine that def makes assembly easier on a rocking boat. now, what color string to use..... hmm....

ya' know, that's not a bad idea. i imagine that def makes assembly easier on a rocking boat. now, what color string to use..... hmm....
Head down to the local hardware store, I’m sure there are plenty in NYC, and take a look :wink:

Just a piece of string is all you need to use and you can hang your bc on your tank to your hearts content

To all you horizontal and or vertical assemblers suggesting the piffle that a tank neck strap is not required

Your comments should be more than not placed in the most ridiculous ever suffered here on ScubaBoard
showing you have no clue as to gear and your post present and future ideas be taken with a pinch of salt.
If I understand correctly what you are saying, then I agree.

If I understand correctly what you are saying, then I agree.

There in lies the challenge.

@happy-diver ... I must admit your post just has me confused. But if whatever you've rigged up works for you, that's great! In the end that is all that really matters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom