Info Shearwater Customers! Come join our Beta program for user testing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gave the new version a go v 2.11.7.

Initially had an issue, but likely user error as I accidentally navigated away mid-download. Gave an error code. IIRC, it was Error 70 or 79. I didn’t get a screenshot.

Tried again and had no trouble. Downloaded all the dives off of the computer. A few screenshots of a few different screens attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4225.png
    IMG_4225.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4226.png
    IMG_4226.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4227.png
    IMG_4227.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4228.png
    IMG_4228.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4229.png
    IMG_4229.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 13
@kellyshearer

FYI - there was a request on another thread for Shearwater to change the name of the Shearwater Cloud software to something that doesn't contain the word Cloud, because some employers' IT departments have concerns with the Cloud in the name and are blocking use of the app. Below is the link to the thread. I didn't see you on the thread, so I wasn't sure if you were aware of the concern.

I really appreciate Shearwater putting in the effort to improve the app's ability to connect with Bluetooth. I love my Shearwater dive computers, the quality, performance, simplicity, ease of use, how intuitive they are, and reliability / absence of errors. After testing the two versions of the beta Android app, I hope Shearwater invests more time bringing all the factors that make their dive computers so magnificent to the smartphone app. The current app still doesn't do justice to the dive computers, although the Bluetooth connection appears to be better

Thank you so much for your feedback over the last two weeks, it’s been great getting some of our loyal Customers to work with us on some Beta and TestFlight testing.

I will leave a link below to a small survey we curated just to get more specific feedback, there is a comment section at the end, and we would love to hear more about your testing experience.

https://shearwatercloud.surveysparrow.com/s/Shearwater-Cloud-Beta-Test-Feedback/tt-NR320

I understand some Android users had some issues over the weekend accessing the second Beta release but it should be available now to test, if not do reach out to me we I can have a closer look.

I really appreciate Shearwater putting in the effort to improve the app's ability to connect with Bluetooth. I love my Shearwater dive computers, the quality, performance, simplicity, ease of use, how intuitive they are, and reliability / absence of errors. After testing the two versions of the beta Android app, I hope Shearwater invests more time bringing all the factors that make their dive computers so magnificent to the smartphone app. The current app still doesn't do justice to the dive computers, although the Bluetooth connection appears to be better
Thank you so much Geoff, its great to hear this, I will make sure to pass your comments on to my management.

That's the nicest I've ever experienced this board.
Shearwater, you reached out and touched our warm and cuddly side.
Now if I could just get my eon core to blow up...

I sent e-mail and received a reply from Kelly. I would participate if this wasn't such limited BlueTooth project. ShearWater's first priority should be to get BlueTooth working correctly to a Windows PC. Instead they are making a very proprietary application out of ShearWater Cloud, and ensuring that a ShearWater computer can only talk to ShearWater owned Apps.
What is wrong with letting us use SubSurface????? It does so much more than the proprietary app.

I sent e-mail and received a reply from Kelly. I would participate if this wasn't such limited BlueTooth project. ShearWater's first priority should be to get BlueTooth working correctly to a Windows PC. Instead they are making a very proprietary application out of ShearWater Cloud, and ensuring that a ShearWater computer can only talk to ShearWater owned Apps.
Huh? I don’t use a Windows PC, so maybe that’s the issue. Who said anything about ensuring that a Shearwater Computer can only talk with Shearwater apps. Shearwater Cloud was a proprietary app from the start. The beta seems to have added a capability to hide non SW DCs, if you toggle that.
What is wrong with letting us use SubSurface????? It does so much more than the proprietary app.
I still use Subsurface. Nothing wrong with that at all.

However, can’t update the firmware on the DC via Subsurface, or change startup message, etc.

Hello Folks,

Thanks again for participating in our Beta Testing program and providing some helpful feedback!

I have created a second survey asking opinions on some other aspects of the Beta and TestFlight app in regards to notifiers, blockers and overall functionality! There are only 10 questions so if you would have some spare time today please give the survey a go :)

Shearwater Cloud Beta Test Feedback p2

I have added some new users to the Beta and TestFlight who have messaged me recently so please check your emails for more information or just message me here!

Further issues outside the Beta program like feature requests need to be emailed to @info@shearwater.com.

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom