What dive log software works best with Shearwater Teric?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexas

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been using MacDive for a number of years and all/most of my dives are logged in MacDive. Just ordered two Shearwater Teric computers with AI. Our previous computers were getting close to 20 years old and no downloading of dive info - had to manually log our dives into MacDive each trip - so looking forward to the Teric, particularly for underwater but also above water. But, it occurs to me to ask what is the dive log software that works best with the Teric? MacDive? Subsurface (have messed around with it a little this week)? Shearwater Cloud? Others? Are there shortcomings (info missing/not processed) with the third-party programs like MacDive or Subsurface? (FWIW, we use MacBooks and iPhones.). And, what is the best work flow with the Teric? Teric directly to third-party software like MacDive/Subsurface/other, or Teric to Shearwater Cloud and then to the third-party software? Teric to laptop via bluetooth, or Teric to mobile app on iPhone (via bluetooth) and then dump files to laptop version of software via cloud?

Shearwater has its own cloud based software. This is Apple (iPhone and Mac) compatible.

Because I run a number of different computers, OSTC, APD, Suunto and Shearwater, I also use Diving Log 6.0 (on Apple) and a compatible software on windows.

For Diving Log, you can buy a widget that connects direct to the Shearwater.

Shearwater has its own cloud based software. This is Apple (iPhone and Mac) compatible.

Because I run a number of different computers, OSTC, APD, Suunto and Shearwater, I also use Diving Log 6.0 (on Apple) and a compatible software on windows.

For Diving Log, you can buy a widget that connects direct to the Shearwater.
Diving Log? Not DiverLog? I loved using DiverLog and wish I could use it with my Peregrine. So I’m just checking …

I have a Teric and can confirm that MacDive syncs directly with the computer. I also have Shearwater Cloud installed, but I only use it as backup, and use MacDive as my primary log software. MacDive appears to show all the same stats as Shearwater Cloud when synced directly with the computer. The only time I lost parts was when I exported dives from Shearwater Cloud then imported them into MacDive. But direct syncing in Mac Dive captures everything.

MacDive works just fine with Shearwater computers.

Diving Log? Not DiverLog? I loved using DiverLog and wish I could use it with my Peregrine. So I’m just checking …
@Kimela

DiverLog 6.0

On iPhone, If you select
More (bottom left option)
Downloads
Store (Top right)

There is an option for a Shearwater interface download, this includes the ability to connect to the Peregrine. Its only a few £ (or $ in your case).

For windows, I use Diving Log (see @BLACKCRUSADER below), which will transfer back and forth with DiverLog 6.0

I use Diving Log and the Shearwater Cloud and desktop app. What I like about diving log is that it shows how much gas I have left ( or consumed if you want to look at it another way ) and my SAC rate for the dive. So you can click on any time in the dive and get your depth at that point and gas level. You also get your average depth for the dive.

NDL AIR 180 BAR.jpg

45m 30 minutes.jpg

MacDive also shows PSI as well as both SAC and RMV if you enter your tank specs.

This is from my iPad, but the Mac version is similar.
4221F9C3-ED65-4DE7-BD87-CE70CCC7096B.png

Keep using Mac-Dive.

Thank you everyone for the great info and suggestions. I'll very likely stick with MacDive but still tinkering with the others. The very lightly used Teric (1 dive purportedly) arrived, which gave me an opportunity to use that 1 dive and the factory simulated test dive to test downloading and function with MacDive, Subsurface, and Shearwater Cloud. Direct connection and downloading via bluetooth worked flawlessly with MacDive and Shearwater Cloud. Despite best efforts and a bunch of research, I could not get Subsurface on my Mac book to connect to the Teric via bluetooth. (I also tried using the iOS app for Subsurface to try to connect to the Teric via bluetooth but no success.) I really wanted to get Subsurface working directly with the Teric so I could fairly compare with it with the other two dive log programs. If anyone has had success with directly connecting Subsurface to the Teric, let me know if you have a solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom