Tech support - MacDive / Shearwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Dooley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The computer I'm currently running - Macbook Air M2, Sonoma 14.3.1. Diving a Perdix 2.

New to this ecosystem, have a few pretty basic q's -

MacDive
  • When I turn off my computer and turn it on again, the MacDive app on the dock is replaced with a question mark symbol. The installer sitting on my desktop also disappears. When I click the ? on my dock, my machine takes a moment to verify MacDive, and ask me if I'm ok opening an app downloaded from the internet. Why does the installer and app disappear after my machine is shut off - is there a way to avoid going through this process every time I start my computer?
  • When importing dives from Perdix... it seems the "diver" defaults to "Shearwater Diver" or something like that. If I want my dives to actually be under my name, it appears I have to change each dive manually to my profile. Is there a way to make this more convenient? Or since I'll presumably be the only person diving my Perdix anyway, perhaps that makes a diver profile under my name in MacDive unnecessary?
  • Do I have to leave the license file on my desktop?
Shearwater
  • Downloaded the app, tried to start it and it says I need Adobe AIR. Downloaded it from Harman. Tried opening the Shearwater app, get the same message. Restarted my machine, Shearwater app still thinks I don't have AIR. From what I can tell it's definitely on my machine. Anything I'm missing?
I've heard a couple divers say they use both Shearwater and MacDive. I'm not sure why one would necessarily - but if one does, does that require entering all the manual data (weather conditions, gear configuration) into two platforms? Or can dives be exported from one log to another seamlessly?

Thanks in advance.

The installer (.dmg file) is not necessary after you install an app. If you go to Finder under Applications you should see the MacDive application. Drag it to the dock and you will have a short cut.

It sounds like you didn't set up a diver in MacDive. I would go through the manual. MacDive

Here is info on the license. MacDive Help - Licenses

Hope it helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom