What dive log software works best with Shearwater Teric?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Despite best efforts and a bunch of research, I could not get Subsurface on my Mac book to connect to the Teric via bluetooth. (I also tried using the iOS app for Subsurface to try to connect to the Teric via bluetooth but no success.) I really wanted to get Subsurface working directly with the Teric so I could fairly compare with it with the other two dive log programs. If anyone has had success with directly connecting Subsurface to the Teric, let me know if you have a solution.
Not the Teric, but the Perdix. I've found connecting on the Mac is iffy at best. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Based on that, I usually just download via the iOS app (both Subsurface and Shearwater Cloud). For either don't pair in iOS settings. Connect only with the app.

Open Subsurface on the iPhone/iPad. Start Bluetooth on the Dive Computer. Click the "watch" icon on the bottom of the screen. For the first time, you may need to select the settings from the dropdown, or perhaps hit rescan if it doesn't fill in automatically (I can't recall as it's been a few years). Once initially remembered, it should be in the Previous computers list. Just click on the name, and the download button should be not grayed out. Hit that and it should pull the dives on the computer that haven't previously been downloaded. You can deselect ones you don't want and hit accept.

Back
Top Bottom