Info Shearwater Customers! Come join our Beta program for user testing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seeing all my logs disappear was initially distressing, but seeing them still there when I logged into the cloud desktop with my PC was reassuring.
I like the new download to Android interface, but it was not initially clear that I could choose only some of the dives in my Teric or Perdix AI. The Beta tried to download hundreds of dives that were in the computers so i finally aborted the downloads to avoid that.
So far so good.

Thank you for all the information so far.

As noted at this time the we are enforcing a Local "Beta" named account. We are looking at offering access to your Cloud accounts. As this first test we are looking to get fresh use of the app. To access your Cloud or other accounts. Revert the install to the non Beta build by going to App Store and downloading the current release. You shouldn't need to delete the app. Sign out of the Beta account( Profile > Options > Sign Out) and back into your active account( Sign In > Known Accounts ). We are looking to do parallel installation to improve testing, but don't have anything to announce yet.

Thank you for reporting the Error 10's coming up. We are going to look at this bug and see about another beta version to test soon. To verify no dives are downloading can you please try using the "Download Dives". Check to see if any dives show up in the list. If there is or isn't then please check the Dive List.
I did try "Download Dives" response is "Error 10" and nothing is being loaded... initially you'll get prompt that Dive Log Manifest is loading, and next is Error 10.

@Belzelbub
Thank you for the follow up. We will check into why the dives are not downloading.

@WoodTuner
Thank you for the additional info. We will have some look into it today and see about an updated beta release as soon as we can.

@tursiops
We understand the concern. We should have made it more clear for this test we are signing the user out of the account, and into a local beta.

For the time being Kelly and or I will respond sooner or later. I will be getting back into the code for the rest of day. Looks like we have a more pressing bug show up sooner than expected.

Ditto for me. Cannot download dives. Just hangs up.

@Belzelbub
Thank you for the follow up. We will check into why the dives are not downloading.

@WoodTuner
Thank you for the additional info. We will have some look into it today and see about an updated beta release as soon as we can.

@tursiops
We understand the concern. We should have made it more clear for this test we are signing the user out of the account, and into a local beta.

For the time being Kelly and or I will respond sooner or later. I will be getting back into the code for the rest of day. Looks like we have a more pressing bug show up sooner than expected.
This response makes it clear that this Beta is a needed and an excellent approach to debugging. Some folks are able to download, others not. Glad I don't have to track down how to fix that!

Just a small warning for the IOS users. The beta software replaced my shearwater cloud app and deleted all of the logs there. I could connect my perdix 2 with the beta software, however, download of the logs wasn't possible due to Error 10.
Not sure whether this is isolated incident, but I thought I'd share my experience with SB.

View attachment 843357
View attachment 843358
View attachment 843359
Thanks for the feedback, just confirming you were able to revert back to your Cloud account? I will leave the instructions again below how to leave the Beta app.

To access your Cloud or other accounts. Revert the install to the non Beta build by going to App Store and downloading the current release. You shouldn't need to delete the app. Sign out of the Beta account( Profile > Options > Sign Out) and back into your active account( Sign In > Known Accounts ). We are looking to do parallel installation to improve testing, but don't have anything to announce yet.

Let me know otherwise!

Thank you everyone for your feedback! While the developers are working on some fixes, I will be posting a survey in the next day or two for you all to fill out in your own time about your experiencing testing our Beta and TestFlight applications.

We really appreciate the feedback thank you all again :)

Thanks for the feedback, just confirming you were able to revert back to your Cloud account? I will leave the instructions again below how to leave the Beta app.

To access your Cloud or other accounts. Revert the install to the non Beta build by going to App Store and downloading the current release. You shouldn't need to delete the app. Sign out of the Beta account( Profile > Options > Sign Out) and back into your active account( Sign In > Known Accounts ). We are looking to do parallel installation to improve testing, but don't have anything to announce yet.

Let me know otherwise!

Thanks Kelly, that worked well.

They did include a warning about disconnecting from the cloud.

Android is no better, I got several error messages. Couldn't get it working.
Hello, could you send me some images of any error messages you are getting ? This would be great

Hello Test Users,

Thank you all for testing our Beta and TestFlight applications.

As you know our app is still under development so thank you for your patience. Most users were receiving an error 10 issue when connecting, so our developers have put a fix in for that issue and we have rereleased another Beta version for you all again to try.

I will be following up next week with a survey which will go into more depth of the type of feedback we would like from our users!

As noted at this time we are enforcing a Local "Beta" named account. We are looking at offering access to your Cloud accounts. As this first test we are looking to get fresh use of the app. To access your Cloud or other accounts. Revert the install to the non Beta build by going to App Store and downloading the current release. You shouldn't need to delete the app. Sign out of the Beta account( Profile > Options > Sign Out) and back into your active account( Sign In > Known Accounts ). We are looking to do parallel installation to improve testing, but don't have anything to announce yet.

Any issues, comments, or feedback you have you can email myself @Kelly Shearer or message me here!

Any issues do let us know 😊

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom