Restructuring Florida, Take Two...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Upper Gulf coast / Springs
This works good on spearboard and everyone in Tennessee,Alabama,Mississippi and georgia will know what it means.

algulfdiver:
I have to say this makes good sense, heck we dive the same dive sites from Orange Beach and Pensacola in the Gulf.
Here is SpearBoards
"Upper Gulfcoast
This is the area for spearfishermen in Panama City, Destin/Ft. Walton, Pensacola, Alabama, Miss., and Louisiana."

Just note that I didn't mean all of Alabama or Mississippi in it. Just the "gulf coast" areas of these two states. (basically from the north Florida parallel (state line) going south until you hit saltwater).

*IF* they do this, leave the rest of the state(s) in the Deep Dixie Divers section.

mike_s:
Just note that I didn't mean all of Alabama or Mississippi in it. Just the "gulf coast" areas of these two states. (basically from the north Florida parallel (state line) going south until you hit saltwater).

*IF* they do this, leave the rest of the state(s) in the Deep Dixie Divers section.
I agree Mobile and Baldwin County Only as Alabama's part.

Just to remind all those who've requested forums in the last couple of days.

We'll not make any changes to the forum structure while this discussion is still ongoing.

This thread is leading, so don't forget to state your claim here in this thread. That's the only way to keep track of all requested/suggested changes.

Also, if we do create a forum on request, it will still require some maintenance on your part. If a forum becomes inactive over time, we'll just move the threads back to the main forum and remove the inactive forum. There's no use keeping old inactive forums around.

El Orans:
Just to remind all those who've requested forums in the last couple of days.

We'll not make any changes to the forum structure while this discussion is still ongoing.

This thread is leading, so don't forget to state your claim here in this thread. That's the only way to keep track of all requested/suggested changes.

Also, if we do create a forum on request, it will still require some maintenance on your part. If a forum becomes inactive over time, we'll just move the threads back to the main forum and remove the inactive forum. There's no use keeping old inactive forums around.

Can you list the "requested forums (or changes)" so everyone doesn't have to ask "do you have my forum/suggestion listed" ?

(not a way that its going to be but a list of what is being discussed for change)

My personal preference is not to split the Florida forum, but I believe there are enough who do want it split that it will happen. With that in mind, my preference for the split is as follows:

Florida
- Panhandle
- Big Bend to St. Petersburg
- Southwest Florida
- Florida Keys
- Southeast Florida
- Northeast Florida
- Florida Springs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom