Eagles Nest Florida Registration Process

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI

Artificer of Havoc & Kaos
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
icon1.gif
Eagle's Nest Registration

Ok Every one FYI The Process for Access to Eagles Nest, Please see attached. Thank you to FWC and to all who participated in this process:

Chassahowitzka SCUBA Registration Instructions
The following is a complete representation of the information provided and materials required in the “Chassahowitzka WMA SCUBA Diving Registration,” accessed in the permitting portal. The hyperlink to the permitting portal is https://public.myfwc.com/CrossDOI/PermitMe.
Creation of User Profile
To register, unless an individual already has a user profile in the permitting portal, the individual must create a profile prior to registering for SCUBA diving, which requires the following:
• First and last name.
• Contact phone.
• Mailing Address, and if different, physical address.
• Date of Birth.
• Creation of a login credentials: user name and password.
After creation of the profile, or, logging into an existing profile, the Individual shall select “Chassahowitzka WMA SCUBA Diving Registration” from the available list of registrations and permits in the permitting portal to begin the registration application.
Chassahowitzka WMA SCUBA Diving Registration Application
Individuals registering to SCUBA dive on Chassahowitzka WMA shall provide the following in addition to creating, or, using an existing user profile:
• Contact information including:
o Address.
o phone number.
• Date of Birth.
• Date of planned dives, not to exceed two consecutive days for any one registration.
• Acceptance of the following assumption of risk and liability release by checking the box next to the release:
LIABILITY RELEASE AND EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK FOR SCUBA CAVE DIVING AT CHASSAHOWITZKA WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA
THIS IS A RELEASE OF YOUR RIGHTS TO SUE
I hereby affirm that I have been thoroughly advised and informed of the inherent risks of scuba diving. I understand any medical conditions I suffer from may increase the risk of injury or death while diving. I further understand and acknowledge that there are risks inherent in cave diving not generally present in open water recreational diving, including, but not limited to:
1.Lack of direct access to the surface in the event of an emergency.
2.The possibility of becoming entangled in line, wedged, or pinned within the cave so as to be unable to return to the surface.
3.The possibility of catastrophic air loss at depth.
4.The length and/or depth of many cave dives involve decompression diving and the increased possibility of decompression sickness.
5.The cave diving sites are in a remote area, difficulty or delay in transporting an injured diver to a hospital or recompression chambers may occur.
6.The risk of injury entering or exiting a dive site.
I FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NO AMOUNT OF PREPARATION AND TRAINING CAN FULLY ELIMINATE THE RISKS INHERENT IN CAVE DIVING AND AM VOLUNTARILY AND KNOWINGLY ASSUMING ALL SUCH RISKS.
__ HAVING READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE FOREGOING, FOR AND IN CONSIDERATION OF REGISTERING ME TO SCUBA DIVE AT CHASSAHOWITZKA WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA, I, FOR MYSELF AND FOR MY HEIRS, BENEFICIARIES, AND PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE THE STATE OF FLORIDA, AND THE FLORIDA FISH AND WILDLIFE CONSERVATION COMMISSION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, INSURERS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, RIGHTS , ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, EXPENSES, AND SUITS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, RESULTING FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN CHASSAHOWITZKA CAVE DIVING AND/OR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF THE FOREGOING, INCLUDING ANY AND ALL NEGLIGENT ACTS, WHETHER ACTIVE OR PASSIVE, IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER SUCH INJURIES, DEATH, OR DAMAGES OCCUR DURING THE DIVE, OR THEREAFTER.
Registration Application Review and Certification
Registrants are requested to do the following to complete the Registration:
Review application for accuracy, make any changes in any section by selecting the "edit" link for that section, and certifying the application by checking the box next to "Certification" (See certification language below), and Clicking the submit button (when it appears).
__ Certification: I hereby swear and affirm that the information submitted in this application and supporting documents is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false statement herein may subject me to criminal penalties. I further state that I will abide by all applicable state, federal, and local laws.
You must certify your data before you may Submit your Application
Additional information provided in Registration Form
Individuals registering to SCUBA dive on Chassahowitzka WMA are provided the following additional information:
Cave diving is an extremely dangerous activity, serious bodily injury or death could occur even with training and experience. Dive sites at Chassahowitzka Wildlife Management Area (Chassahowitzka WMA) exceed depths of 300 feet. To dive these sites safely and properly, formal cave diving training and experience is recommended. Additionally, dives to depths present on Chassahowitzka WMA generally rely on mixed gas breathing gas mixtures (e.g. nitrox, trimix and/or heliox*). Formal training and experience in mixed gas use and decompression diving techniques is recommended. Due to the extreme risk associated with cave diving on Chassahowitzka WMA all divers must be at least 18 years old.
*Nitrox is any non-normoxic nitrogen and oxygen breathing gas mixture. Trimix is any breathing gas mixture that is comprised of any combination of oxygen, nitrogen and helium. Heliox is any breathing gas mixture composed of any combination of oxygen and helium.
Questions about this Registration?
Please contact:
FWC Southwest Regional Office
3900 Drane Lake Field Road
Lakeland, FL 33811-1207
(863) 648-3200

Chassahowitzka SCUBA diving rule fact sheet
68A-15.061
Aug. 8, 2018
• The Chassahowitzka SCUBA diving rule will become effective on Aug. 9. This rule requires SCUBA divers to register to dive anywhere in the Chassahowitzka Wildlife Management Area (WMA).
• Eagles Nest site is NOT closing.
• The registration process will be online and no cost, and can be accessed at:
https://public.myfwc.com/CrossDOI/PermitMe.
• The WMA entry fee will still apply.
• SCUBA diver registration information will be clearly posted on signs at the WMA entry/check station and at the Eagles Nest site.
• The rule requirement to register only applies to SCUBA diving and SCUBA divers.
• The rule/registration language includes several recommendations related to SCUBA diving training. These are recommendations only and not requirements.
• There is a requirement that all SCUBA divers be at least 18 years of age.
• There is currently no annual pass provision; each diver must register for each separate dive.
• Divers are required to have the completed proof of registration in their possession and present either a paper or e-copy to a Commission law enforcement officer upon request.
• Failure to secure the no-cost registration is a violation of state rules and could result in a citation.
Background:
The rule would prohibit SCUBA diving on Chassahowitzka Wildlife Management Area, except by individuals at least 18 years of age that have completed a no-cost electronic SCUBA diving registration with the Commission. The registration that the proposed amendment creates, provides general and area-specific safety information for potential SCUBA divers. The registration also requires SCUBA divers to acknowledge risk, assume risk, and accept release of liability, prior to conducting SCUBA diving activities on Chassahowitzka. Registered Divers must present a copy of the completed registration if requested by the Commission and registration does not eliminate the Chassahowitzka daily use permit fee.
The FWC prioritizes public safety while balancing access, freedoms and opportunities for the public to enjoy outdoor recreational opportunities.

Attachments

• Chass Diver Fact Sheet Final .pdf
    621.8 KB · Views: 285
  • Chassahowitzka SCUBA Registration Instructions .pdf
    417.1 KB · Views: 377
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom