Restructuring Florida, Take Two...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafool:
While I did like the forum much better when it was one single mishmash, it has appeared to me that the traffic really increased once it was split. I am like the BugMan though, in that I miss being able to see the whole forum in a couple of clicks.

But, the traffic isn't about diving and trips and gear and such, we are getting a tremendous amount of traffic discussing the re-org (and I admit that I've been a frequent poster about it!) Like you, I miss being able to see everything in a couple of clicks, it seems so much more fragmented now.

Hey El Orans,

Do we have any hard numbers of posts to compare when the forum was one vs split?
Are there any projections for usage in the future, somewhere in the back room, that might shed light on this subject?

I took a quick look in all the forums we have now and can't see a tremendous volume of new threads or activity in existing threads. Is this a typical day in the conch kingdom?

mike_s:
why don't we just put it back the way it was 2 weeks ago?
That's an easy one.

That structure cannot be matched with the forum template.

SeaYoda:
Do we have any hard numbers of posts to compare when the forum was one vs split?
At the moment they're unavailable.

I've followed the discussion for the last 17 pages and I think I've found a workable solution to keep the majority happy (more or less).

I'll post a recap somewhere this weekend.

I'm starting to get a big chuckle here ....

So far we are splitting a forum geographically for existing members who want to be in clubs. The same split is being made for people who have not posted here about difficulties that they may have encountered. We have no hard numbers to look at the past or the future, but we are trying to do this anyway.

Anyone else see the humor in this???

I am trying to not laugh out loud because my wife is sleeping. :rofl3: :D :rofl3:

I just think it's funny - really! No dark side intended. I enjoy all the talk we've had but given the facts of the story I just can't help but smile.

Thanks for letting us jabber on through all these pages. Good luck on restructure II, I can't wait to see it :thumb:.

Looking through the main forum, North forum, and South forum, I see about one full page of recent threads when they are all combined... Nothing tremendous.

Edit: Just counted, 23 threads with activity from today and yesterday from main forum, north FL, south FL, and Tampa. I did not count Trips/Market place stuff as all that should be combined to another singular Trips/Marketplace.

Combine them all for a singular FL forum with singular Trips/Marketplace subforum :p I think that will make the majority happy, especially considering the amount of people who disliked the idea of a split anyway.

Long ago I noticed that there were far more posters about Panhandle sites who were from Alabama than south of Tampa, even though there are far more members of the board from south of Tampa than from Alabama... so I proposed this
Diving_divisions.jpg

I still think it's a good idea :D
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom