Restructuring Florida, Take Two...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK 2 cents as a newb here, when I planning dives to Florida I Looked for regions to go to, IE: I wanted to go to Epcot so I also wanted to see what was around that area springs and what not, and when I was researching the Keys to dive I wanted to be able to look just at that area for what was happening.....and so on and so forth.....

SuPrBuGmAn:
I still don't see how the singular forum was too busy when it moved no more than a page and a half a day anyway... and thats on a busy day. If people are too busy to scroll down a couple threads, they aren't gonna figure out how to use the board anyway.

Matt is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT !!!!!!!!!!
Why it was ever split still has many of the LONG TIME members still shaking their heads.
1 FORUM
1 TRIP / MARKETPLACE
1 CALENDAR

It worked for years here and works on boards much bigger than this single forum.
It's the K.I.S.S. principal and also helps the mods to monitor our section.

cardzard:
Matt is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT !!!!!!!!!!
Why it was ever split still has many of the LONG TIME members still shaking their heads.
1 FORUM
1 TRIP / MARKETPLACE
1 CALENDAR

It worked for years here and works on boards much bigger than this single forum.

In case you forgot. There were some members who were saying that some poor helpless people (who couldn't click on page 2 of the main forum) were losing their posts in the fray that is the Conch forum, and that there should be more definitive areas so that it would be easier and that posts wouldn't get "lost"

I would happily cast my vote (if I had one) for 1 forum... but if there is going to be divisions, they should be at least mostly acceptable.

I'd be happy with one forum as well. Now I have too many places that I have to click and visit to make sure I'm not missing anything. Over time, more and more people are becoming internet saavy and learning how to click for the next page.

Meanwhile, if we have to split up Florida, I still think the splits have to make sense and be easy for everyone to navigate and for newbies to figure out.

Shouldn't people just click on "Thread Tools" then click on "Subscribe to this Thread"? That way in the Control Panel (CP) they won't lose the threads they posted or were trying to keep up with. That's what I do for my threads or threads I haven't posted in but, I want to follow.

My .02psi.

Michael

cardzard:

Even some of the forums here on SB move faster.

The internet is a pretty basic thing, I'd hate for the people who are getting 'lost' here to attempt participation on any other normal forum(ie, vwvortex.com)

howarde:
In case you forgot. There were some members who were saying that some poor helpless people (who couldn't click on page 2 of the main forum) were losing their posts in the fray that is the Conch forum, and that there should be more definitive areas so that it would be easier and that posts wouldn't get "lost".

If we're not clicking on the next page, we're clicking on a subforum title - that doesn't really make things too much faster. Sure, you can bypass the main FL page all together, but I end up seeing whats going on there as well.

If ease of use is the reason for subforums, I personally think its counterproductive.

I miss the days when I knew what was going on everywhere after one look at the one-for-all FL forum. Now, I basically just check the main page and North FL. I have no idea whats going on in the other subforums, nor what dives are going on in those areas unless its a main event - which is stickied in the main forum(because we all know thats where they will be seen - ie, counterproductive as we have to undo whats been done{split} to get everyone's participation on an event).

mwhities:
Shouldn't people just click on "Thread Tools" then click on "Subscribe to this Thread"? That way in the Control Panel (CP) they won't lose the threads they posted or were trying to keep up with. That's what I do for my threads or threads I haven't posted in but, I want to follow.

My .02psi.

Michael

Thats fine, but you still need to go through the forum to see which threads you want to subscribe to right? :wink:

SuPrBuGmAn:
Thats fine, but you still need to go through the forum to see which threads you want to subscribe to right? :wink:

True but it's only once. Not everytime you login to the board. :) If they are that lazy.. eh. Oh well. :)

Michael

So go looking for them and subscribe to them. :) I do that and just today, I've added three or four. :)

(I know what you are saying, I'm just being a pill. I'll stop.)

Michael

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom