Restructuring Florida, Take Two...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can I make a suggestion?
How about we get a few volunteers from each region of the state together as reresentatives to that particular region.Say 2 from the north/panhandle, 2 from Tampa/Orlando, 2 from the south/Keys.
This way every one who has an idea or opinon would go to there local rep for a lack of a better term.The rep inturn would go to the board or EL or who is working this situation with the ideas and vice versa.
I have sat here mostly quietly since this started and have seen alot of ideas both good and bad and also the topic grow to 15 pages.To me it would be easier for whomever is in charge to work with 6 people instead of an entire state.

SuPrBuGmAn:
If we're not clicking on the next page, we're clicking on a subforum title - that doesn't really make things too much faster. Sure, you can bypass the main FL page all together, but I end up seeing whats going on there as well.

If ease of use is the reason for subforums, I personally think its counterproductive.

I'm not one of those people that asked for seperation before.

Although it has always seemed to me that the Keys should at least be seperated from the rest of the state, as there are a lot of redundant questions from people from out of the area.

howarde:
I'm not one of those people that asked for seperation before.

Although it has always seemed to me that the Keys should at least be seperated from the rest of the state, as there are a lot of redundant questions from people from out of the area.

Echo this. I bet any conch regulars can echo the top 10 questions without thought.

Where to stay in Key Largo
What op in Key Largo
Any place to dive on the East Coast
Any Venice Beach diving information
Whats the best diving in or near Orlando
How do I dive with manatee's
What dive Op to the Oriskany
Diving Ginnie/Springs?
Living Seas

Thats 9 repetitive questions that can be seen bi/weekly in the Conch Forum. Some were in stickies....

And now for the ultimate question: Is a forum necessary for that or will a FAQ thread suffice?

Also remember, we're working on a new and improved version of the Dive as well. :)

I would imagine that part of that problem is that there are many FAQ's for each region.

El Orans:
And now for the ultimate question: Is a forum necessary for that or will a FAQ thread suffice?

Thats a GOOD Question - Where is the Insiders Information thread? That had dive site info and as it was donated to, it was built upon. However, that thread, while a FAQ and referred to for say Venice Beach, still didn't get looked at by most of the other questions. Granted, some of those questions may not have been answered in there.... but it could be

An FAQ thread would be great. Does this board support wiki-type software? That would be an easy way to keep it updated in a format that is clickable.

While I did like the forum much better when it was one single mishmash, it has appeared to me that the traffic really increased once it was split. I am like the BugMan though, in that I miss being able to see the whole forum in a couple of clicks.

Edit: Oh, and a question. If we only have the one main Trips and Marketplace forum, then what will actually go in the subforums and/or clubs?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom