Restructuring Florida, Take Two...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison:
Long ago I noticed that there were far more posters about Panhandle sites who were from Alabama than south of Tampa, even though there are far more members of the board from south of Tampa than from Alabama... so I proposed this
Diving_divisions.jpg

I still think it's a good idea :D
Rick

:rofl3: :rofl2:

:popcorn: Good call Rick!

Rick, you need to move that line across Mississippi up a little more, at least enough to cover Brandon, MS. :wink: It looks like it's on 20, I'm 1/2 mile North of 20. :wink:

Michael

mwhities:
Rick, you need to move that line across Mississippi up a little more, at least enough to cover Brandon, MS. :wink: It looks like it's on 20, I'm 1/2 mile North of 20. :wink:

Michael
That's why it's a nice fat fuzzy line :D
Rick

Rick Murchison:
That's why it's a nice fat fuzzy line :D
Rick

I like FUZZY! :wink:

Michael

Single forum. Single trips area. Single Calendar. Option to add non-centralized clubs for those who want to complain that there are too many posts in the main forum. People would need to actually USE the trips section for it's intended use. Have a FAQ forum, with sticky questions and an open thread area. I think the actual FAQ A/Q should be closed to posts, and a new thread should be opened if there is a question related to one of the stickies.

Just my .02

Edit: A Dive report sub-forum under the trips would be great as well.

Would look like:

Florida Conch Divers
- Calendar
- Trips and Marketplace
-- Trip Reports
- FAQ - Attractions, Dive Sites, Locations
- Club 1
- Club 2
- Club ...

Creating regional sections just doesn't make sense. If I live in N. FL and dive in S. FL. Do I post a dive report in N. FL or S. FL? Why have the question arise... 1 section, all questions dropped.

frankc420:
I say remove florida from the Deep Dixie Divers all together

Florida has never been part of that forum. The Florida forum predates the Deep Dixie forum.

I like those divisions Rick, they make sense. The only problem is they are based, at least in part, on where we live. The problems that have been reported, and are driving the split, are based on a tight area needing a club and everyone else finding a place or kind of diving in Florida without getting lost. Those are two very different goals and yours would be a third. Splitting this forum without a clear goal based on clear numbers is going to be very difficult. I don't envy the job of doing it at all.

I also think the Club subforums should be a group based subforum. Meaning, it's a subforum for an ACTUAL dive club, not a REGION of divers.

Walter:
Florida has never been part of that forum. The Florida forum predates the Deep Dixie forum.

Fine. That section of my post has been removed. :D

frankc420:
I also think the Club subforums should be a group based subforum. Meaning, it's a subforum for an ACTUAL dive club, not a REGION of divers.
:no

That would require removing several existing club forums. It's not going to happen.

We'd be happy to create a club forum for an existing club but it is not required.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom