Restructuring Florida, Take Two...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Truck1.... I voted! Well at least I think I voted? Man, I don't know! I clicked on something that said I voted and now I can't find it. If you have plumbing issues, Call me 1st, If you have computer issues. Make me number 3,567,386,297,925th person you call. Or make me the 1st and I GUARENTEE I can crash your system in .004 seconds flat. As far as this all being a PITA, That would be an understatement.

dldiver:
... I really want a Greater Orlando Area subforum for divers who live in the area to meet and greet and plan trips together. (And of course welcome and help guide the millions of visitors we get to that place where the mouse lives).
This is exactly what the "club" forums are for. I know many of the "older" SBer's are not keen on the "club" side of the forum, but it does serve a purpose, and should be named something other than club... like... Happy Hour :eyebrow:

DebbyDiver:
... My main complaint about how it is set up now is that I have too many places to click to read my interests. Before I only had two places to check: Conchs and South Florida. Now I have Conchs, South Florida, then another South Florida. It seems weird to see Tampa under South Florida because I surely don't consider it to be South!
I have to agree with you on this. Being born and raised in Central Florida, it is odd now be in South Florida, or North Florida.

All my life, Central Florida has always been from Cedar Key down through Venice, and from Daytona Beach down through Stuart to include all inland locations withing that box.

It is unfortunate that ALL of the Country, Region, State forums are broken into geographic areas, and yet the Florida Conch Diver's Forum continues to complain that Florida is broken into geographic areas (and even the internal state geographics of "Cave Country/Springs" are geographical unto themselves)

To me it will always make sense to divide the forum into a geographics even if it needed to be 4 different geographical areas
North Florida
Central Florida
South Florida
Cave Country/Springs
-----

But alas, this is not enough. Venice doesn't want to be part of Central Florida, the Panhandle doesn't want to be part of North Florida, the Keys never did want to be South Florida (Until hurricanes come and they need a place to ride them out :D )
----

If everyone had their way it would be something like this:

Florida Conch Divers (Except for the Panhandle/Dixie area)
- Panhandle (Dixie/Lower MS, LA, AL & Some of GA)
-- Panhandlers (We can too afford to dive!)
- North West Florida (Except for the Caves)
- North West Caves (Except for the springs and the caves in the Gulf)
- North West Springs (We have caves too ya know)
- North West Saltwater Springs (Kiss off you pansy inland fresh water divers)
- North East Florida (People Dive here too ya know... just not from reachable areas)
- Central Florida (Except for Venice - They feel special today)
-- The Greater Tampa Happy Hour (Everyone come dive/party with US! Even Venice!)
-- The Greater Orlando Rat Lovers (We drive everywhere!)
-- Venice Shark Bites (We are NOT in Central Florida, D#%%IT!)
- South West Florida (We're different from SE, where you really wanted to dive!)
- South East Florida (Where all Floridians drive for a real dive experience!)
- Upper Keys (Except for Key Largo, they want their own forum)
- Key Largo (We ARE the UPPER KEYS!)
- Central Keys (We don't even use this board, leave us alone!)
- Lower Keys (About time you got here. Now, when are you leaving?)
- The Old Guy's Forum (Everything posted in the above is automatically posted in this forum as well, just not in any particular order... especially if it is geographic!)
====

14 Forums under Conch

5 Sub Forums, or groups, or clubs, or whatever you want to call them

And, the ONLY thing everyone agrees upon, is that there should be ONE (1) Calendar.
===

Watch, I will get suggestions to add to the list above saying I forgot a group :rofl3:
==============

I have only one thing to really say.
Set it up however you want it. Leave it that way. I WILL find everything I want to find, as long as you LEAVE IT THAT WAY!

Thanks El!

CoolTech:
I have to agree with you on this. Being born and raised in Central Florida, it is odd now be in South Florida, or North Florida.

All my life, Central Florida has always been from Cedar Key down through Venice, and from Daytona Beach down through Stuart to include all inland locations withing that box.

It is unfortunate that ALL of the Country, Region, State forums are broken into geographic areas, and yet the Florida Conch Diver's Forum continues to complain that Florida is broken into geographic areas (and even the internal state geographics of "Cave Country/Springs" are geographical unto themselves)

To me it will always make sense to divide the forum into a geographics even if it needed to be 4 different geographical areas
North Florida
Central Florida
South Florida
Cave Country/Springs
-----

But alas, this is not enough. Venice doesn't want to be part of Central Florida, the Panhandle doesn't want to be part of North Florida, the Keys never did want to be South Florida (Until hurricanes come and they need a place to ride them out :D )
----

- North East Florida (People Dive here too ya know... just not from reachable areas)
-- The Greater Tampa Happy Hour (Everyone come dive/party with US! Even Venice!)
- South West Florida (We're different from SE, where you really wanted to dive!)
- The Old Guy's Forum (Everything posted in the above is automatically posted in this forum as well, just not in any particular order... especially if it is geographic!)
====

14 Forums under Conch

And, the ONLY thing everyone agrees upon, is that there should be ONE (1) Calendar.
===

Watch, I will get suggestions to add to the list above saying I forgot a group :rofl3:
==============

Set it up however you want it. Leave it that way. I WILL find everything I want to find, as long as you LEAVE IT THAT WAY!

Thanks El!

You forgot the Florida Liveabords.(Who needs a car?)
and the We own our own boats groups.
:11:
Thanks
El

:D Yes, I want to start the "Boat Owners (Everbody Else bring Gas Money and Beer)" Group!:D

CoolTech:
-
====

==============
Hey CoolTec, I think the Old Coots forum should be broken down by age into sub forums of the sub forums. First you need to define what is "Old", be careful here as this can cause some problems, then from there I suggest in five year increments have a different sub-sub-forum until you reach my age. Then that can be the really old Coots sub-sub-sub-forum. :rofl3::rofl3: Ain't this COOL:14:Tech:popcorn:

Attachments

• laughin smile.gif
    laughin smile.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 70
Damn it, Jim! You forgot to mention the Gypsy Rover Retention Pond Divers! :D
CoolTech:

North Florida
Central Florida
South Florida
Cave Country/Springs
-----

----

====

14 Forums under Conch

===

==============

Thanks El!

In this context, I meant the forum for all the original/near original SB Conch Divers (Person's actual age had nothing to do with it)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom