Pursuit as a Dive Boat? sea trial today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the hulltruth has some great boats....

Reel Fishaholic:
Yes sir, I am new to the board. I actually found it due to the local dive shop telling me about it. As for the "who are you", here is a summary,
Craig

Craig, if you are ever in Marina Del Rey, you will be welcome aboard mine. I think Catherine posted some pics of it somewhere.

BTW: Sorry to hear you got such a late start getting aboard boats. But it sounds like you made up for lost time rather well. :)

captain:
He was there from the early 70's to the late 80's. His dock was just a few slips from the New Florida Girl, just across from Red's place and almost next to Captain Dave's. He had a compressor on his dock.

If he was close to the NFG, we've talked or probably fished together at one point or another.

ItsBruce:
Craig, if you are ever in Marina Del Rey, you will be welcome aboard mine. I think Catherine posted some pics of it somewhere.

Thank you for the invite. I have never made it to the west coast. I have fished 37 states, Arizona, Colorado and Wyoming being as far as I have gone. I have seen so many pics and videos of the kelp dives that go on out there. It looks fantastic. I also understand that, northern Cal has Halibut? Is that right?

ta-da! I see some great boats in the hull truth site, captain. 26 ft GB in a freshwater lake.... washington

Bruce and his boat...gives great tours. Awww, look at us..spending time with our little darlings, don't they look thrilled?!

collage37.jpg

27' PURSUIT WALKAROUND
2005 Yamaha 150 4-strokes with low hours. Deep V hull, 9' 6" beam, custom top, 10K in top of the line Raymarine electronics (radar, auto, depth, chart), CB, VHF, outriggers, built-in fish-box, bait well, EPIRB, 232 gal tank, Refrigerator, AM/FM, Head, Fresh water washdown and custom trailer. Very sea worthy and exceptional range.
Absolute must see boat!

love this boat.

Did they ever call back?

. . .I had my second Happiest Day when I sold my Catalina 30 Sailboat a few years ago, during a Lay-off/Reduction-in-Force Period in the Aerospace Industry.

Seriously Catherine, if you're not going to run the boat as a business (i.g. Six-Pack with a Captain's License), at least look into Chartering it out with a good reputable Boat/Yacht Club to help defray the maintenance & repair, fuel and slip costs; they may even help you buy it: http://www.marinasailing.com/FTPRoot/NewBoats/PurchaseProgramfr.htm?SessionID=

I saw that! We might consider that...I have a feeling this boat will get used several days a week. 2miles from our house, the slip is right outside the Kona brewery. WC is in charge of docking for awhile....thats about as responsible as I get. I already called Devon, owner of Aquazone yesterday to "apologize in advance" for hitting his boat...he said "oh, I will drop the engines, that will give you two more feet when docking!"

All I can say...is JB has a certain perspective on living his life which does not include being practical.....I am not overly practical either.

there comes a point, where even if it doesn't make sense, you just have to do what floats your boat. I hear you....but...we want it.

WC, you and I are looking at the Pursuit this weekend, okay?

and...I talked to the surveyor....so that this is not banter let me say, some requirements exist that say the survey must be done hauled out. (hull exam)

Yes, the GB in WI is 20 K outta range once you add the shipping...

the Seaswirl is gone, you wanna maybe look at Ko-olina soon?

Kev..Catalina 30...is a very nice boat, BTW!

Reel Fishaholic:
Thank you for the invite. I have never made it to the west coast. I have fished 37 states, Arizona, Colorado and Wyoming being as far as I have gone. I have seen so many pics and videos of the kelp dives that go on out there. It looks fantastic. I also understand that, northern Cal has Halibut? Is that right?

I don't know about NorCal. But, we've got plenty of big ones in Santa Monica Bay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom