Trip Report Aqua Cat April 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the pics. Looks like a blast. One of my friends was on a LB in the Galapagos Islands. The bunks had rails on them in case the seas got too rough. Ugh! It sounds like the Aqua Cat really thought of everything to make your vacation enjoyable. A reading light above the bed is a definite plus. One less thing I would have to pack.

Great report, and your experience matched mine from May 2021, except our water temps were a little warmer. I really enjoyed the boat, food, crew, cabin, shore excursions and most of the dives.

I agree that the Eleuthera sites were lacking, and having to repeat them 2-3x due to wind was a little boring, but some of the wall sites were very nice, albeit deep, over that way.

Glad you had a nice trip-

Thanks, I recently did the Belize Aggressor IV with 19. I was solo and joined a nice group of 3. We generally went the opposite way as the guide and saw no to only a few other divers on our route. How did you find it?
Hi Scubadada! I think one of the Belize Aggressors may be next on our list.

Not sure what you are asking. Is it about the style/philosophy of diving on the Aqua Cat?

Their approach is very casual and they do allow solo diving. If you feel comfortable you can certainly go your own way and can do it solo. But honestly the reefs are such that it is difficult to be too far from another diver. Many of the reefs are limited in area. For us at least there was little to no current (excluding the Washing Machine) and we were usually in sight of land while diving so had little concern of getting lost or swept too far from the boat. It was important for everyone to move their tag when leaving the boat and back again when on board so that they could more accurately keep track of their guests.

This thread reminded me of the mango sticky rice the chef made on our Asian dinner night. Top 5 desserts I have ever had, and I believe they got the mango on a trade deal when the Sea Dog went ashore in Eleuthera. I still talk about it once in a while when out to eat with friends, it was that good.

Anyone reading this and on the fence about the Aquacat, just go. The diving is not spectacular, but it does offer variety (wrecks, reefs, walls, drift, sharks) and the atmosphere/food/crew and cabins more than make up for it.

Thanks for the trip report!

I have been on the Aquacat 5 times (somehow, in cabin 4 every time) and I would go back in a heartbeat!

I agree about the crew being amazing! I have seen several complete turn overs in the crew over the years, and the one thing that stands out from every trip is how great the crew is.

In the 5 times that I have been onboard her, I have never seen her filled to capacity. Usually the cabins that are capable of holding 3 or 4 people just have 2 people in them, so typically around 20 guests seems to be the norm.

A photographic example of Aqua Cat humor :rofl3:

82279286-ACDE-4F67-BB89-BF306ED44653.jpeg

A photographic example of Aqua Cat humor :rofl3:

View attachment 720399
They have been putting messages on the bottoms of the tanks for a few years. This was one of the messages from 2017. (Taken at the Cobia Cage.)

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 7.13.06 PM.png

Just returned from the Aqua Cat November 19-26 trip.
Four or five people became Covid positive on our trip and 6 people had the stomach flew (I was one of them).
Crew was excellent. Food was excellent. Did the shark dive and it was great. Missed the washing machine and the blue hole dives due to illness.

Just returned from the Aqua Cat November 19-26 trip.
Four or five people became Covid positive on our trip and 6 people had the stomach flew (I was one of them).
Crew was excellent. Food was excellent. Did the shark dive and it was great. Missed the washing machine and the blue hole dives due to illness.
I don't know whether to say glad you had a good trip or sorry you became ill......I guess both!! Guessing if the food was excellent, it couldn't have been all bad.:)

Back
Top Bottom