Trip Report Aqua Cat April 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stomach flu...my doc told me there's really no such thing. It's food poisoning. Sorry you had to suffer. When those other guests tested positive, did the trip end early or did they isolate and you continued on? When I was on Aquacat last year, 3 crew were sick with covid and the trip ended early.

Stomach flu...my doc told me there's really no such thing. It's food poisoning. Sorry you had to suffer. When those other guests tested positive, did the trip end early or did they isolate and you continued on? When I was on Aquacat last year, 3 crew were sick with covid and the trip ended early.
Trip continued. One lady had the opportunity to get off and took a small plane back to Nassau.
All of the Covid positive people were quarantined to their rooms. One wowan was seperated from her Covid Negative husband and bunked with another postive woman.

So how did this sequence of events come about? Did people who'd felt sick do home test kits they'd brought with them and announce the results? Or did the boat staff strongly encourage anyone sickly looking or complaining of illness to get tested, and provide the tests?

Edited to fix 2 typo.s.

Often when referred to as “stomach flu” they mean viral gastroenteritis, a version of N/V/D that can be past from person to person.
Ah yes...the dreaded norovirus common to boat travel with the masses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom