Trip Report Aqua Cat April 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric and I starting our adventure.

1DE976D1-39F4-4C6F-8CDF-03FB7C788C7E.png

Jono adding to the rum punch

6B9933AA-A570-4685-B112-F9332CA959E9.png

2 guests we met on board, Robert and Fred. Fred is 86.

9119F45E-6E88-44EB-AEE1-341E4DBB93D6.png

How are the excursions with the sea dog? Thinking of going with non diver for a trip to get away from it all.
We had one nondiver on board but surprisingly she didn’t do any of the excursion. Just enjoyed the boat, down time and the ambience. The guests that did the beach excursions enjoyed it and apparently the snorkel boarding was a hit. If you are an advid fisherman you might want to discuss taking your own lure or bait and pick/inspect your rod and reel before boarding the Sea Dog. No one did the kayak or SUP. And I think our route did not allow the the pig excursion since it wasn’t offered. If you feed the iguanas, apparently their aim is bad so they do bite!

I think it is a great choice to do just that!

Fred was on my trip last year. He was with his non-diving wife. Aqua Cat has a lot of repeat customers, and Fred is one of them.

We are booked onto room # 3. I am 6'1" tall, hope i fit in a bed or bunk. Will be three of us in that room
The twin beds are oversized at 80 inches so you should be fine. We had at least one gentlemen with a muscular build and another at 6’5 and all seemed comfortable. 3 brothers were sharing a triple and had no complaints.

And expect to be asked quite often if there is anything you need or anything they can do to make your trip even better.

Ha, that is more spacious than I pictured from your original description of the cabin. I got certified on Blackbeard’s liveaboard. Now that was tight quarters for 4 people in our cabin. My first and only Blackbeards trip. Once I experienced what else is out there, there is now way I could do that again.

Fred was on my trip last year. He was with his non-diving wife. Aqua Cat has a lot of repeat customers, and Fred is one of them.
I think about half the guests were repeats with at least one couple on their 7th or 8th trip.

Fred’s wife was too ill to travel so Robert joined Fred at the last minute and got a free trip. Fred did have one incident this trip that had his fellow divers worried. It was the first morning dive and a wall at that. I was on the Sea Dog fishing but heard the story back on board. Apparently Fred kept hitting the deflate button rather then inflate while on the wall. A fellow diver Chris went after him and helped but then he ended up on the surface. Fortunately he was fine. I love the fact he is still diving but personally wish he would do the more shallow and hard bottom dives in the afternoon rather then the deeper morning dives. He and Robert both seemed like real good people.

Hi @uncfnp

How many guests were on your trip? Looks like the Aqua Cat could take 30, if it was packed to capacity, with all the triples and quadruples used.
I think the total was 23. The cabins were sold out but there were no quads and I think just the one triple. So 10 doubles and one triple occupancy.

I think the total was 23. The cabins were sold out but there were no quads and I think just the one triple. So 10 doubles and one triple occupancy.
Thanks, I recently did the Belize Aggressor IV with 19. I was solo and joined a nice group of 3. We generally went the opposite way as the guide and saw no to only a few other divers on our route. How did you find it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom