Trip Report Plenty of Fish in the Sea (of Cortez): Cabo Pulmo Trip Report, September 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Ironborn How much did your eat/sleep/dive package cost? I see quotes on their website are based off of two people.

It was $1850 for one person in a room without air conditioning and with 4 dives per day (except the last off-gassing afternoon) and meals for 7 nights and six days.

Roughly how long/large were the bull sharks?

Great trip report! Glad you mention into travel logistics/hassles and why you opted for land-based. If I ever make it out that way, I'd like to do live-aboard, but practical considerations don't always work out the way we'd wish.

Since your thread is likely to feature in other divers' research on this destination for some time to come, let me add a link to a write-up another Scuba Board member did dealing with that region: See Trevor JC's guide at
Diving the Baja Sur Cabo San Lucas - San Jose Del Cabo - Cabo Pulmo- La Paz - La Ventana - Diving the Baja Sur Cabo San Lucas – San Jose Del Cabo – Cabo Pulmo – La Paz - La Ventana It might help somebody.

Roughly how long/large were the bull sharks? .

Most of the bull sharks were perhaps 6 or 7 feet long, but the ones on the wreck (or perhaps the same shark multiple times) were noticeably larger - maybe 8 to 10 feet long.

Just returned from Cabo Pulmo. Your report is very accurate. We have never seen so many fish at one time, and very easy to get right in amongst them. The Golden Grouper were beautiful as were the Boxfish and numerous puffers. And Moray's for days! We stayed in a ABNB which though was very nice, the lack of AC made sleeping pretty uncomfortable. Food was good at every place we tried and we were really happy diving with Cabo Pulmo Diving. Pilu was very nice and knowledgeable and you can really tell she loves diving. Boats were excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom