Pursuit as a Dive Boat? sea trial today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Never heard of one. Jb says to check it out that they are nice boats. Our search for a dive boat continues. Also, taking a ride in the Glass-pro 26' with twin Hondas today.
I was hoping for a few creature comforts but these are going to be workhouse boats, I think.

I wonder how hard it is to customize a stark boat with amenities?
Upholstery, appliances, bed, etc. It has a small cabin (the glass-pro motor cat)

I have a key west boat but I have been on pro-kats and glacier bays both twin hulls and they are great rides in "rough" seas. i dont know much about pursuit but they are big sellers down here

Unmodified Pursuits are fine fishing machines but need lots of mods to make a comfortable dive boat. Their hull is more pronounced than a Glaspro so the ride is more cushioned at the expense of some speed.
I had my Glaspro out in the most hellacious seas in the Molokai Channel at night and never felt threatened although the ride beat the unholy hell out of my riders.
You can do anything to a fiberglass hull - it just lots of time and even more money. Too bad I'm not out there anymore 'cause I was the da kine boat hull modifier out there.
I thought you were popping for a catamaran? Get a nice 34' Twin Vee. Can't trailer it, but it would make the most awesome 6-pack alive.

hey thanks fellas. Okay, i tried the Glas cat 'Glas pro" built out on sand island access road, Tom.

Rode great, nice trim! twin 140 Suzukis....we got up to 32 miles an hour.

DSC_0068-1.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0058-5.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0045-3.jpg

DSC_0064-1.jpg

DSC_0057-1.jpg

sorry, a little carried away, but I like this boat. Jb leaning to the Glacier Bay I think.
This is more boat for the money, to me. Also, a larger resale market I am guessing.

Our slip is two over from where this one is parked. And you can see our house from the marina, so it would be so convenient. $$$$$ anybody want to buy some very nice children?

I would like to see this boat with a bow railing and then it needs a slider or a hatch in the bridge (what were they thinking...there is no airflow in there) 50 hours each engine, 2 years left on the warranty...

Heavy duty written all over it.

Tom..any advice appreciated. What would this run in Florida? 5k to ship this from the west coast if you have a trailer... Sea lift is 200 dollars but can take 6 weeks or 8 months, space as available....(military) We don't want to wait any longer this last deployment really interfered with life. Priorities would be 1) room for the kids and a couple friends 2) sea worthy in Hawaii waters 3) resale optimal or a suitable boat for Monterey in three years... 4) diver friendly of course 5) under 70k

yea, yea, yea.

okay.

See what I mean? would work as a six pack easily. he has fishing rigs that come with it. if we ran it a couple days a week....seems we could subsidize it a bit and take some deductions? I don't know..I just think there is more of a usefulness about this boat. has fish holds and lots of storage.

I drove it....

the props can turn different directions so that makes it easier to dock...

Not sure how you say that "twin screw"?

catherine96821:
the props can turn different directions so that makes it easier to dock...

Not sure how you say that "twin screw"?

Do you mean counter rotating props? I didn't know that was available on an outboard engine.

Looks fine to me. How about getting on and off the boat? Can you don dive gear and giant stride into the water at the ladder or the sides easily? Last, what does it need that it doesn't already have? I see a ladder, tank racks, seats, throttles... it follows K.I.S.S. rather well. I like it. Matthew

Back to the Pursuit question, they could very well be the finest production outboards on the market. They are the little sister company to Tiara. There all hand built and backed by a very solid family owned company.

That is a wonderful boat butwhy do you need such a large boat for non charter use? Have you seen these?

http://www.twinvee.net

The 22 footer was tested in Trailer Boat Magazine with twin fourstroke Mercury Veradittos. Just seems with gasoline headed north of three dollars that might be a consideration. In any case, beautiful boat.

Yes, counter rotating propellers are avaialble in many outboards. One turns cw and the other ccw to reduce steering effort in twin engine boats.

Good luck with your search, hope you find what you want. N

Catherine... if you buy that boat I'll move furniture for you any time : )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom