Pursuit as a Dive Boat? sea trial today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The SL President was going to e-mail you about the Glacier Bay... you can contact him at the Sea Lancer's website.

I'm actually just working there for RIMPAC... I usually work in an office at shipyard... I had to do a lot of butt-kissing to get over to harbor patrol.

hey thanks.

I appreciate any tips or leads you guys can give me...we are trying to fast track the boat purchase the entire month of September. Hey..I will take the e-mail and you can remove it...leesa says spammers grab them off the forums. thanks.

Gen. Deptula is selling his Glacier bay, I think it's in the boat trader (70K?) it's a 2001
he also has his other boat still for sale as well................single i/o, with 8' beam.

Catherine, you are welcome to join us anytime you want, try to dive every weekend.
call the clubhouse, 349-6119 1730-1930 M, W, F (I volunteer Mondays) and see if there is a slot available, first come first served(or we can set a date earlier so you are def on the list, donate for gas basis.....

On the warfront, when my wife was deployed, I stopped watching news, O'Reilly, listenening to talk radio, and SADLY, stopped my volunteer work with the Red Cross.
I worked as a case worker and could not deal with the messaging of news to and from...Hang in their, JB will be back soon.
Jimbo

fishb0y:
Jimbo is selling his boat... not sure if you wanna take that to Molakai and Lahaina though
Cath and JB want a porshe, not a PINTO......
I would to the Molakai channel, with someone a little better than I at the helm, and another boat in the group(safety in numbers)............jim

I look as the Rona Lee like my parents old station wagon... I get to ride around in it, but I can't really complain because its not mine. But hey... what other boat at Hickam allows me to tote around all my stuff with the minimal complaint (I wouldn't think of bringing 1/2 my stuff on Vic and Tim's boat... and like I said the 43ft sailboat is too small for my liking).

catherine96821:
ywe were looking at an option to have the boat run as a six pack (no CL required for 6 or under) just as a way to subsidize it a bit...but I think that won't happen. There is no money to be made in selling wholesale seats from what I have seen.
A captain's license IS required to run a six-pack. It's called Operator of Uninspected
Passenger Vessel, and IIRC, it still takes 360 sea days. What you don't need is the
inspections on the boat.

No...we are not going to be commercial captains guys.

If the boat ran, it would be some operator using it for a couple days a week. NOT US, we both have jobs already.

Fishboy...those are the BEST boats. FUN boats.

The interior was a dead giveaway that Plas-Tech made the boat. They build ok boats but use a lot of chop and mat in the layup of the hull. The hulls are strong though - mine took some wicked beatings from me over the decade I ran my boat offshore.
For adaptability, there is another worthy cat out there - the C-Cory Tomcat. Even though I am a little favorably biased towards the name, this is one terrific cat. I have only seen the older, superseded version and not their recent upgrade.
The old one was drop-dead gorgeous - pure, total, absolute function. My wife absolutely hated it - she thought it was the singlemost ugliest boat she had ever seen. I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.
The new version is a little more stylish. They're made in Washington state with none of the manufacturing shortcuts that Plas-Tech makes on their Glas-Pros.
With a little Panda diesel genset and a 10-gallon tank, you could add on a heater or nice a/c for any climate, but that might be a little beyond some people's engineering. Plus it trailers pretty easily.
http://www.c-dory.com/TomCat 24.htm

catherine96821:
No...we are not going to be commercial captains guys.

If the boat ran, it would be some operator using it for a couple days a week. NOT US, we both have jobs already.

Fishboy...those are the BEST boats. FUN boats.

Interesting idea to find dive operators to pay you for using your boat. Considering the liability I would choose carefully. When I researched using my own boat as a charter vessel I would have had to provide a copy of my captain's license to get the policy. An insured dive master or instructor had to be present because the commercial policy on the boat ends as soon as your passengers feet get wet (once they are in the water). The licensed captain needed to remain on board at all times of course, etc.

I wonder how all that would work in terms of you getting a policy. I suspect you would need to present a copy of the licenses of the captain(s) you would use and the whole thing.

The pics you posted above look great for a dive boat.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom