Pursuit as a Dive Boat? sea trial today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks, Captain. Hey that's going to be a helpful site! thanks-so-much. I guess my next issue, it might actually make sense to transport. This opens a new can of worms, just that the mainland sure opens the options up.

Just spoke with reelfishoholic and made about four pages of notes.Turns out he is a spearfisher and has pics on Spearboard.com as killer&griller....Bruce, in case you feel like checking it out...and has a 26 ft Glacier bay which is such a great boat.

some very serious fishing and diving! (pics)

ItsBruce:
Reel Fishaholic:

Who are you? You seem to be new around here, but I'm already impressed by the scope of your knowledge (and I'm not easily impressed.) In any event, welcome.

Yes sir, I am new to the board. I actually found it due to the local dive shop telling me about it. As for the "who are you", here is a summary,

Grew up in Destin, Fl

Worked on deep sea fishing boats starting at 13yrs old.

Fish offshore (rod and reel) every other week 30 - 70 miles out.

Dive at least one to two tanks each fishing trip. (spearo)

Also like to take dives without spearing, but not always my first choice.

I have been on boats prior to being able to walk.

Know my way around them a little more extensively then the "average bear". Have been on friends boats that have been sinking and broken down. (Accounts listed above)

Help my friends and referrals buy boats, teach new owners how to drive there new boats up to about 40'.

Have a click of about 40 fisherman that fish with me on a regular basis. Usually have 2-6 boats going at any given time. Have a click of about 10 spearos that love to get wet.

Know nothing about underwater photography but want to start shooting some underwater video in the near future. (Another thread I started a couple of days ago)

Have access to a wholesale accounts for buying fishing gear, electronics, props, boating gear, etc which I abuse for friends and referrals.

Never met I "stranger" that can't teach me something about something. Love to learn from others mistakes and knowledge. (I'm a sponge)

Practice what I believe in.

Love to dive, love to dive, and love to dive. Have decent experience at it but not nearly as much as some of the members on this board

Can't learn enough about anything, love to research anything I buy, and am willing to admit when I am out of my realm of expertise. (I know, coming from a guy is unheard of) Love to assist someone that is in need of help, who will truely appreciate it. I have caught so many fish, that, if God said "you are done, you will never catch another one", I have caught more than 10,000 normal people have. What really gets me going is seeing someone else catch them. That to me is the best!!! You can never have too many friends. I believe in "karma" and know that there will be a just reward at the end of the day for the way I live my life.

If I can help enough people, I always have a boat ride somewhere and if you are on the NC coast, lets take mine!!

Catherine, It was good talking to you on the phone. I hope that you got something out of it. (Hopefully we covered something worth while in an hour and a half on the phone) Now that you have my number, give me a call if you have any other questions. Remember we have a time difference. (I'm a little grouchy at 3am) On THT, my handle is the same as here, Reel Fishaholic

Best Regards,

Craig

yikes, an hour and a half! guess I owe ya...my dime next time!

good thing it was on the on the phone...the advisors bust my chops on the chit chat!

I checked out the spearboard and sent you the Riffe photoshoot link. Thanks a million!

I made four pages of notes...so it won't go to waste.

hey...we are the ones that get the early am calls here!

Are you going to call me or what?

yea...I was respecting your sunday with K.

It was her idea to go boat shoping.

Reel Fishaholic:
Yes sir, I am new to the board. I actually found it due to the local dive shop telling me about it. As for the "who are you", here is a summary,

Grew up in Destin, Fl

Worked on deep sea fishing boats starting at 13yrs old.

Fish offshore (rod and reel) every other week 30 - 70 miles out.

Dive at least one to two tanks each fishing trip. (spearo)

Also like to take dives without spearing, but not always my first choice.

I have been on boats prior to being able to walk.

Know my way around them a little more extensively then the "average bear". Have been on friends boats that have been sinking and broken down. (Accounts listed above)

Help my friends and referrals buy boats, teach new owners how to drive there new boats up to about 40'.

Have a click of about 40 fisherman that fish with me on a regular basis. Usually have 2-6 boats going at any given time. Have a click of about 10 spearos that love to get wet.

Know nothing about underwater photography but want to start shooting some underwater video in the near future. (Another thread I started a couple of days ago)

Have access to a wholesale accounts for buying fishing gear, electronics, props, boating gear, etc which I abuse for friends and referrals.

Never met I "stranger" that can't teach me something about something. Love to learn from others mistakes and knowledge. (I'm a sponge)

Practice what I believe in.

Love to dive, love to dive, and love to dive. Have decent experience at it but not nearly as much as some of the members on this board

Can't learn enough about anything, love to research anything I buy, and am willing to admit when I am out of my realm of expertise. (I know, coming from a guy is unheard of) Love to assist someone that is in need of help, who will truely appreciate it. I have caught so many fish, that, if God said "you are done, you will never catch another one", I have caught more than 10,000 normal people have. What really gets me going is seeing someone else catch them. That to me is the best!!! You can never have too many friends. I believe in "karma" and know that there will be a just reward at the end of the day for the way I live my life.

If I can help enough people, I always have a boat ride somewhere and if you are on the NC coast, lets take mine!!

Catherine, It was good talking to you on the phone. I hope that you got something out of it. (Hopefully we covered something worth while in an hour and a half on the phone) Now that you have my number, give me a call if you have any other questions. Remember we have a time difference. (I'm a little grouchy at 3am) On THT, my handle is the same as here, Reel Fishaholic

Best Regards,

Craig

Did you know Malcolm Patterson who ran the Triton fish and dive charters in Destin.

captain:
Did you know Malcolm Patterson who ran the Triton fish and dive charters in Destin.

Doesn't ring a bell. I moved from Destin to Charlotte back in 1987. Don't know if he was around prior to '87. I used to work on the New Fla Girl and a couple of smaller ones. We used to charter for grouper/jew fish, sharks and alot of cobia tournies on the smaller ones and the NFG is just your basic meat market 50+ people head boat.

Reel Fishaholic:
Doesn't ring a bell. I moved from Destin to Charlotte back in 1987. Don't know if he was around prior to '87. I used to work on the New Fla Girl and a couple of smaller ones. We used to charter for grouper/jew fish, sharks and alot of cobia tournies on the smaller ones and the NFG is just your basic meat market 50+ people head boat.

He was there from the early 70's to the late 80's. His dock was just a few slips from the New Florida Girl, just across from Red's place and almost next to Captain Dave's. He had a compressor on his dock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom